|Born||1958 (age 56–57)
|Labels||Dacapo, Utech, Leo, Intakt|
|Associated acts||Copenhagen Art Ensemble|
She has studied music at the Copenhagen University from 1980 to 1984. In 1988, she formed a quartet with piano player Mette Petersen, (the Lotte Anker / Mette Petersen Quartet). In 1992, they added trumpetplayer Nils-Petter Molvær. In 1995, she became a member of the free improvising trio ”Anker, Friis, Poulsen” (with Hasse Poulsen, guitar and Peter Friis-Nielsen, bass).
Since 1996, she, and Ture Larsen, has been co-leader of the 12-piece orchestra Copenhagen Art Ensemble. She recorded the albums Triptych, Live at the Loft and Floating Islands with pianist Craig Taborn, and drummer Gerald Cleaver.
- Beyond the Mist (Stunt, 1989)
- Being (Stunt, 1993)
- Poetic Justice (CD, Album) Dacapo Records 2001
- Six Row Barley (CD) Utech Records 2005
- Triptych (CD, Album) Leo Records 2005
- Alien Huddle (CD, Album) Intakt Records 2008 
- Floating Islands (CD, Album) ILK 2009
- Live at the Loft (CD, Album) ILK 2009
- Birthmark (Clean Feed, 2013)
- Squid Police (Konvoj, 2014) - with Jakob Riis
- What River Is This (ILK, 2014)
- Edge of the Light (Intakt, 2014) - with Fred Frith
With Tim Berne
- Open, Coma (Screwgun, 2001)
- "All About Jazz". allaboutjazz.com. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "Jazz Reviews: Live at the Loft Lotte Anker/Craig Taborn/Gerald Cleaver - By Steve Greenlee — Jazz Articles". jazztimes.com. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "Music and More: Lotte Anker w/ Craig Taborn and Gerald Cleaver - Live at the Loft (ILK, 2009)". jazzandblues.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "Free Jazz: Lotte Anker, Craig Taborn, Gerald Cleaver - Live At The Loft (ILK, 2009)". freejazz-stef.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "Lotte Anker Discography at Discogs". discogs.com. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "Lotte Anker Discography and Music at CD Universe". cduniverse.com. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
|This article about a Danish composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|