Lotte no Omocha!
|Astarotte no Omocha!|
Astarotte (left) and Naoya (right) on the cover of the first volume.
|Genre||Fantasy, harem, romantic comedy|
|Written by||Yui Haga|
|Published by||ASCII Media Works|
|Original run||July 2007 – December 2013|
|Anime television series|
|Astarotte no Omocha!|
|Directed by||Fumitoshi Oizaki|
|Produced by||Goro Shinjuku
|Written by||Deko Akao|
|Network||Chiba TV, tvk, Sun Television, TV Saitama, Tokyo MX, KBS Kyoto, TV Aichi, Nico Nico Channel, Bandai Channel, AT-X|
|Original run||April 10, 2011 – June 26, 2011|
Lotte no Omocha! (ロッテのおもちゃ! Rotte no Omocha!?, "Lotte's Toy!") is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Yui Haga about Naoya, a man brought to a magical world as a candidate for the Princess Astarotte's harem. Lotte no Omocha! began its serialization run in the July 2007 issue of Dengeki Maoh and later republished in collected volumes by ASCII Media Works. In 2011, the manga series was adapted into an anime television series under the title of Astarotte no Omocha! (アスタロッテのおもちゃ!?, "Astarotte's Toy!"), produced by Diomedéa under the direction of Fumitoshi Oizaki which aired between April and June 2011.
In the medieval fantasy world of Álfheimr, succubus princess Astarotte Ygvar, the first princess of the kingdom of Ygvarland (ユグヴァルランド Yuguvarurando?), has just reached the age of 10. 10 years old is a special age for a young succubus, as it is when they are traditionally expected to form a male harem.
In order to maintain their body and preserve their beautiful appearance, Succubi who have undergone puberty must consume male essence, much like how a vampire must consume blood. Initially a mere kiss will suffice, however as Succubi mature into young adults they eventually need to consume a liquid called "sáðfryma," better known as semen, to sustain themselves. The harems they form ensure a steady and safe supply of the liquid.
The princess, however, bears a great dislike against men, and only agrees to create a harem if a human male is to join, as humans are said to be extinct. However her followers are somehow able to find a human male named Naoya Tohara who, along with his daughter Asuha, is brought to the monster realm to be part of Astarotte's harem.
- Astarotte "Lotte" Ygvar (アスタロッテ・ユグヴァール Asutarotte "Rotte" Yuguvāru?)
- Voiced by: Rie Kugimiya
- The heroine of the series and a succubus. While only 10 years of age, Astarotte is told that she needs to begin building a harem because when she fully matures, her body will require a regular supply of semen to keep from wasting away, much like a vampire requires blood. Unfortunately, circumstances involving members of her mother's harem have led her to develop a fierce hatred and disgust toward all men. This is so extreme she moved out of the main palace to her current home and employed only females except for Olav, whom she allows mainly because he's too old. She comes up with a plan to avoid the task entirely: she asks for a human male to be the first member of her harem, thinking it an impossible task as humans no longer exist in Álfheimr. Her chief adviser perseveres and travels to the human world via Yggdrasill, the World Tree which connects all worlds and which had been dormant for years. There she finds a suitable candidate and, much to Astarotte's chagrin, brings him to Álfheimr, along with his daughter. Initially dismissive of him, Astarotte eventually becomes fond of Naoya, even though she is often flustered by the situations they end up in. Occasionally she suffers from issues due to not developing yet due to being a late bloomer while her mother is very voluptuous. In the manga its hinted that she might never develop as much as her mother due to a recessive gene from a female ancestor who still looked like an underdeveloped girl despite being several decades old with children. At the end of the anime she comes to realize that she actually loves him.
- She has no idea that Naoya's daughter, and her best friend, Asuha, is actually her half-sister Asuhariet. Astarotte's father is mentioned to have died of an illness. Her mother, Mercelída Ygvar, lives and rules from the main palace.
- Naoya Tohara (塔原 直哉 Tōhara Naoya?)
- Voiced by: Rina Satō
- The hero of the series. When the Yggdrasil tree activates and allows one of Lotte's servants to enter the human world, he is taken back to become the first member of Lotte's harem. Naoya encountered Lotte's mother roughly ten years previously when he was 12/13, and then again three years later when she brought Asuha, his daughter from said encounter, to live with him. Naoya generally resists any calls towards the harem antics that surround him, recognizing that at her age, and given her previous experiences, Astarotte needs emotional support more than she needs to be forced into male relationships. After Asuha grows her wings Naoya is forced to tell Lotte the truth about Asuha's parentage; that the two girls are, in fact, half-sisters. Judit believes that he may be part incubus.
- At the end of the anime series, when they were forced to part, he realizes his true feelings for her.
- Asuha Tohara (塔原 明日葉 Tōhara Asuha?) / Asuhariet Ygvar (アスハリート・ユグヴァール Asuharīto Yuguvāru?)
- Voiced by: Yukari Tamura
- Asuha is 10 years old, like Lotte. She is the child that came of the encounter between of Naoya and then Princess Mercelída, when the latter fled Álfheimr for a time. She is, in actuality, the rumored "dead princess" Asuhariet, and as it turns out, Astarotte's older half-sister (they are the same age because succubus pregnancies are 4 moths shorter than human pregnancies). Why Mercelida brought her to Naoya after 3 years (knowing she might never see her daughter again) is unknown, but its hinted that Asuha's life was in jeopardy. She is energetic and outgoing, and quickly befriends Lotte and the other girls at school. As part of her cambion heritage, she has an aversion to wearing underwear, which becomes a running theme with her, much to her father's exasperation. Being older, she is the first of Queen Mercelída's daughters to grow her wings.
- In the anime adaptation, Asuha is aware of her cambion heritage and, after a chance encounter with her mother, the Queen, her half-sister relationship to Astarotte. However, as instructed by her father and Judit, she keeps the matter secret. In the manga she does know her mother is the Queen, but why she's keeping quiet or if she even knows Lotte is her half sister is unknown.
People of Ygvarland
- Judit Snorrevík (ユーディット・スノーレヴィク Yūditto Snōrevikku?)
- Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame
- Lotte's head of staff and lady-in-waiting. Judit is duly concerned about Lotte's strong dislike for men because it might also affect the Princess's future health. Because of this, she is overjoyed when Lotte demands a human male for her harem. Even though Lotte was disingenuous Judit perseveres and brings Naoya to the demon world via the World Tree. As head of Lotte's staff, Naoya usually comes to Judit for advice or general information in the demon realm. It is heavily implied that Judit has exotic tastes in matters relating to sex; encouraging Naoya to "let her (Astarotte) suck out the life seed", and even keeping a room full of S&M paraphernalia.
- Olav Friðmar (オラフ・フリズマール Orafu Furizumāru?)
- Voiced by: Chō
- Lotte's aging butler, who was the former head of staff before being replaced by Judit. Olav was the only male staff in Lotte's castle before Naoya came to serve Lotte in her harem. He is just as concerned as Judit with Lotte's dislike for men. Olav acts like a very proud grandfather towards Lotte, and becomes very emotional whenever he thinks Lotte is trying to act mature. He's allowed at the castle partly because he is like a grandfather to Lotte and mainly because he's old enough to be a grandfather. This occasionally shows up when he gets injured while doing something such as hurting his back while gardening requiring immediate bed rest.
- Griselda Reginhard (グリゼルダ・レギンハルト Gurizeruda Reginharudo?)
- Voiced by: Ayumi Fujimura
- Shortened to Zelda (ゼルダ Zeruda?), she is the current head of security in Lotte's manor. Like all the other staff serving Lotte, she is concerned about Lotte's dislike for men, although she prefers sympathizing with the princess than reprimanding her. She usually acts as Lotte's confidante or adviser whenever Lotte is troubled. Griselda's subordinates often wear very revealing outfits, to her extreme embarrassment. In the manga, Griselda seems to harbor a grudge against Naoya from their first encounters but is implied to have developed a small crush on him (therefore acting as a tsundere similar to Lotte), although her abuse of Naoya takes the form of slandering or badmouthing him in letters to her master. She is very insecure with her flat chest. Griselda is usually seen together with Effie or Judit, watching over the princess, Asuha, and Naoya.
- In Chapter 21 of the manga, Zelda likens the relationship between Naoya and Astarotte as one akin to that of "a father and a spoiled daughter", which is a far cry from their official roles as servant and mistress respectively.
- Elfleda Mirjasdottír (エルフレダ・ミルヤスドッティル Erufureda Miruyasutottiru?)
- Voiced by: Yui Horie
- Nicknamed Effie (エフィ Efi?) for short, Elfleda is also part of Lotte's female-only staff. She's very notable for her very huge breasts, which even made Naoya blush at first. Effie is also one of Lotte's confidantes, the other one being Griselda. Effie hails from a noble bovine-like race, with similar bull/cow traits, therefore, as a female, she's able to produce milk like a cow, but without the need to give birth first. Thus, many noble families hires members of her race to provide high quality milk for their growing children. Although whether the milk is drunk 'direct' or in a bottle seems to be based on the preference of the child. Unlike normal cows Effie is capable of producing even larger quantities of milk whenever she desires. Her milk is of the highest quality and the only milk Lotte drinks. Effie is usually seen wearing a maid outfit, along with a bell around her neck (another trait of cows) and in charge of maintaining the castle's milk supply. Whether other members of her race provide milk only provide milk for the children under their care or for the households they stay in is unknown. Effie is generally nice, but can be slightly perverted at times, and was easily embarrassed around Naoya until she became used to his presence. Effie is usually seen together with Griselda or Judit, watching over the princess, Asuha, and Naoya. In Chapter 20 of the Manga, Effie has noted that she has an older sister named Edda, who happened to be Mistrune's former wet-nurse.
- Cuthfleda (クートフレダ Kūtofureda?)
- Voiced by: Misaki Suzuki
- Cuthfleda, shortened to Cú (クー Kū?), is a maid in Lotte's employ. She appears less frequently than the other servants, but she seems to be the only one in the castle who usually acts normally. She comes from the same country of night elves as Prince Sigurd. She came into Lotte's employ when a slave merchant tried to sell her not realizing the noble in the carriage was actually Lotte, who was very upset that her countries anti-slave law was being violated. Cu was a slave back then because the Alfur (High Elf) and Nott Alfur (Night Elf) races abhor the existence of children between the two even more than members of the other race. Cu's skin color being intermediate between Alfur and Nott Alfur was evidence of her mixed parentage. After being rescued Cue decided to stay and work with Lotte as Lotte and all the others at the castle valued her for herself and didn't care about her parentage.
- Criet Tredis
- Hasn't appeared in Anime yet. In the manga she hires herself as one of the castle's maids in an attempt to help Prince Sigurd by sabotaging Lotte's relationship with Naoya so Sigurd would lose his unbeatable rival. Like Cu she is the daughter of an Alfur and a Nott Alfur, although this shows on her skin as a 'swimsuit tanline' rather than intermediate like Cu's. What is later revealed is that she is the current Nott Alfur King Sveinn's illegitimate daughter, of whom Helga and Sigurd are not only are aware of, but openly treat as their little sister. Part of the reason Criet wants a job is to be self-dependent rather than living solely on her allowance. After her mixed parentage is revealed she finds out Judit and Lotte already knew about her parentage (including being Sveinn's daughter) when they hired her, but didn't have a problem with it. She decides to continue working at the castle as she feels it's "warm" and Naoya saying her skin looked beautiful. As such she's no longer hiding her mixed parentage and seems to have taken up teasing Naoya occasionally. How her stepmother (if still alive and is Helga and Sigurd's mother) feels about her or what happened to her Alfur mother is unknown at this point. However, she still has painful memories of travelling with her mother while hiding her mixed parentage and that, while her siblings and father accepted her, her hometown didn't.
- Ingrid Sorveig Sorgríms (イングリッド・ソルヴェイク・ソルグリムス Inguriddo Soruveiku Sorugurimusu?)
- Voiced by: Chiwa Saito
- Nicknamed Ini (イニ?) by Asuha, Ingrid is the most intelligent being in the world, and knows almost everything since she is always reading books and discovering new things. However, she has lived a very secluded life, and her common sense and social skills tend to be lacking.
- She has a rabbit door hanger and mail slot on her tower's door; in order to obtain access you need to put something that solves a provided riddle. Asuha managed to "solve" the riddle by answering in such a non-standard way that it got Ini's attention.
- She appears to have developed a crush on Naoya, as shown when she kisses him in chapter 9. She later introduces herself as his lover much to his confusion and Lotte's annoyance. Ingrid is only 7 years old, while she claims that the 300-year-old sage is her father, who died five years prior to the story. In the manga she explained that her father performed a memory transfer into her brain when she was younger, making her father's knowledge her knowledge also.
- Sorveig Otto Sorgríms (ソルヴェイク・オットー・ソルグリムス Soruveiku Ottō Sorugurimusu?)
- The former Great Sage of the Ivory Tower and Ingrid's father who died five years ago. He had collected almost all of the knowledge in the world, and he transferred this knowledge to his young daughter before his apparent death. He was known to be 300-years-old, and was the one whom Naoya and Asuha initially searched for. During Naoya and Ingrid's first meeting, they mistook her for her father.
- Mercelída Ygvar I (メルチェリーダ・ユグヴァール Merucherīda Yuguvāru?)
- Voiced by: Yuko Minaguchi
- The mother of Lotte and Asuha who is a buxom woman. Mercelída is extremely promiscuous, even for a succubus; her harem contains over 3000 men of various races, and acts as her own private army.
- She once slept with a man from her harem while Lotte (who was 5 at the time) was in bed with her, having forgotten that Lotte was asleep nearby. This is slightly changed in the anime, so that instead of the man coming uncalled when Lotte was already in bed with her mother, he came when Astarotte was heading to her mother's room, so that her mother did not know she was there. Either way, the shock of this experience is identified as the origin of Astarotte's hatred toward men.
- It is shown in flashbacks that she did not wish to become Queen, having traveled to the human world to avoid her responsibilities. There, she met a 12 year old Naoya, and discovered that the human realm (and humanity at as a whole) is fairly mana-poor, leaving her without a food source and no way to return home. However, Naoya, even then, had an overwhelming amount of magical power, which she was able to consume while using magic to make him sleep through the entire event. Unfortunately, in her haste she did not set up a contraception spell, and she became pregnant with Asuhariet from the event. For reasons not yet explained in the manga, 3 years later she had to send Asuha to live with Naoya on Earth.
- It is implied that she still has a liking for Naoya; she also keeps secret about the fact she is the Queen from Asuha, and regarding Lotte the truth about her older sister. However, both in the Anime and later in the Manga, Asuha seems to be fully aware of the fact that her mother is the queen, as in the anime she was present in the room with Naoya when he went to ask Judit for help on how to gain access to the Queen's castle, and when Mercelída publicly visited the school attended by both girls. After Asuha grows her wings Mercelída tells Lotte the truth, that she is also the mother of Asuha. She has no problem kissing woman if she wants to kiss someone, as seen when she tried to kiss Urusula at the beach.
- Úrsúla Sumarliði (ウルスラ・シュマルリージ Urusura Shumarurīji?)
- Voiced by: Yuko Kaida
- Mercelida's bodyguard and friend. In the manga and anime, it is implied that she has feelings for the Queen. During a beach chapter, she is seen naked and it is revealed she is a hermaphrodite. She is from the Varhund (were-dog) race.
- Isold (イソルド Isorudo?)
- Voiced by: Nao Tōyama
- Kilik Sigvaldi
- A manga-only character, Kilik is a Colonel in the military. However he is weak, cowardly and woefully incompetent (something which he completely acknowledges upon mention). He got to his current rank by sleeping with his female superior officers and the wives of the male ones. But this practice has gotten him as far as he could go and he attempted to step up higher by seducing Lotte, which failed miserably due to her general hatred of men. He could easily live a life of luxury if he joined the queen's harem, but he desires authority much more than wealth (due to being born a peasant rather than a noble). Despite his raunchy lifestyle he has been characterized as having a small penis, at least in comparison to Naoya and Ursula.
- Eldor Emilson
- Eldor is Kilik's first lieutenant. Despite being actually competent in his job and embarrassed by his superior's nature, he seems to have no grievences with aiding Kilik in his schemes or serving out punishments with him when they fail (though he does try to be a voice of reason to Kilik). Ursula is Eldor's older cousin and he refers to her as "sis," implying a relatively close relationship.
- Elíka Drakul Draupnils (エリカ・ドラクール・ドレイプニルス Erika Dorakūru Doreipunirusu?)
- Voiced by: Yuko Goto
- Elika is the daughter of a baron and hails from a race of vampires. She is one of Lotte's and Asuha's friends, although Elika and Lotte are more akin to rivals in terms of pride whereas she and Asuha often look after Lotte or make schemes together. Elika holds a great deal of pride in herself as she comes from a high noble race, and her situation is similar to Lotte's, both of which are tsundere. However, it has been shown many times that Elika cares and worries for her friends, proven when she and Asuha watched over Lotte and Naoya during their trip to the amusement park and many others. During the Ygvarland festivities, Naoya finds Elika and brings the girls together, therefore making Elika, and Lotte and Ashua's friends acquaintances. They are later shown cheering on Lotte and Asuha's performance. Despite the obvious caring intentions she has, Elika often denies these acts since she holds a great deal of pride, making her akin to a tsundere like Lotte, although to a lesser extent since Elika is slightly older than her. As a vampire, Elika, like Astarotte, will soon need to start consuming blood on a regular basis to sustain herself, although the manga claims that she can still resort to drinking tomato juice for a while longer because of her young age.
- For some unknown reason, Elika gets extremely jealous and frustrated when she hears, or receives any form of information about Astarotte and Naoya going out on a date or furthering their relationship.
- Místrúne Ásgrím (ミストルーン・アウスグリム Misutorūn Ausugurimu?)
- Voiced by: Miyu Matsuki
- Místrúne, nicknamed Mist (ミスト Misuto?) for short, is one of Lotte and Asuha's friends. She is the daughter of a viscount. She is very notable for having the biggest bust among Lotte's group of friends, including Elika and Ingrid but excluding the staff in Lotte's manor. Místrúne is also the most perverted one among the girls, although she keeps this side of hers usually hidden. She has once held a crush on Naoya when he entered the girls' school. Initially, Místrúne has confessed to Asuha that she and the two girls have once tried to befriend Lotte before Asuha came, only to remember that Lotte cannot be approached easily due to her royal status. Thanks to Asuha's meddling, the three girls become friends with Lotte at last. Mist has admitted that she is fourteen years old but still earns the fiery jealousy of the girls due to her chest. Mist has stated that her wet nurse is Edda, Effie's older sister who held the biggest bust in their family in terms of proportion. Mist has said that she drank directly from Edda during her childhood, leading the other girls to often misunderstand this as the reason for Místrúne's large chest.
- Unnbjörg Signar (ユンビョルク・シグナル Yunbyoruku Shigunaru?)
- Voiced by: Ryo Hirohashi
- Unnbjörg, nicknamed Yuna (ユナ?) for short, is one of Lotte and Asuha's friends. She has short green hair and a tall, slim figure. Unnbjörg has been seen to be one of Lotte's level-headed friends, although she can go as to nearly berserk whenever someone acknowledges her flat chest. She has been the first one to believe the misunderstanding that drinking directly from a dairy fairy's chest after a bath will make the chest size grow bigger. It has been hinted that Yuna is the offspring of a race of noble elves.
- Yuna is also the subject of an artistic inconsistency between the manga and the anime; she sports navy blue hair in the former, while her anime counterpart is depicted with green hair.
- Lucca Austri (リュッカ・エイストリ Ryukka Eisutori?)
- Voiced by: Yui Hatano
- Lucca is one of Lotte and Asuha's friends. She is a young princess from Dvergur, a northern country. Her notable features include a small figure (even smaller than Asuha and Lotte) and brown hair with matching thick eyebrows. It is possible that Lucca comes from a wild tribe since she has admitted that she never wore panties before she came to Ygvarland and her mannerism of eating is shown in the anime opening. She is also perverted and tends to always believe most of Asuha's white lies (For example, Asuha said that when wearing yukatas, one should not wear panties and when Elika passes by Lucca grabs Elika's, to Naoya's chagrin and Asuha feigning ignorance). Unnborg has mentioned that Lucca stays over at her mansion. It is later revealed that Lucca hails from a noble race of Gnomes (which explains her small figure and unconventional dining mannerisms), and that Yuna's mother enjoys dressing her up in frilly outfits as a "pastime".
- Mina (ミーナ Mīna?)
- Voiced by: Tetsuji Ōta
People of Svarthæð
- Sveinn Svarthæð (スヴェイン・スヴァルトヘイズ Suvein Suvarutoheizu?)
- Sveinn Svarthæð is the king of the country of Svarthæð and father of Rúrik, Helga, Sigurð and Criet.
- Rúrik Sveinnsson Svarthæð (ルーリック・スヴェインソン・スヴァルトヘイズ Rūrikku Suveinson Suvarutoheizu?)
- Rúrik is the first prince of Svarthæð. Seems to have been kept at home for a while due to his hobbies which seem to be even more offensive than Sigurð's attitude and partying. His relationship with Criet is unknown but during a party he was sexually molesting his sister Helga before Naoya 'accidentally' fired a champagne cork in his direction interrupting his fun. In the manga his personality comes across as a pervert with a sadistic streak.
- Þorhelga Svarthæð (ソルヘルガ・スヴァルトヘイズ Soruheruga Suvarudoheizu?)
- Voiced by: Ryōko Shiraishi
- Þorhelga, nicknamed Helga for short, is the princess of Svarthæð and is Sigurð's worrisome older sister. Like Sigurð she knows how to fight and defend herself, but unlike him takes herself and her responsibilities more seriously, especially that of keeping him from causing too much trouble. She got a huge crush on Naoya after he saved her from Rúrik's molestation at a party without making a big scene or creating an incident. This is further inflamed when she sees how strong he holds his ideals even when tested. So much so that Criet was shocked seeing her behaving like a love sick teenager before composing herself. However, she gets severely depressed when she finds out he has a daughter.
- Sigurð Sveinnsson Svarthæð (シグルド・スヴェインソン・スヴァルトヘイズ Shigurudo Suveinson Suvarutoheizu?)
- Voiced by: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Sigurð is the second prince of Svarthæð. Prior to his transfer to Lotte's academy, Sigurð spent his time and money on drinking and girls. He first meets Lotte at a street corner, falling in love with her at first sight, but Asuha quickly disapproves of him. He is often regarded as a wolf due to his mannerisms, although mostly a pervert since during his first day at school, the school put up warning signs of "Pervert" with his face at the girls' side, courtesy of Dóra, one of Sigurð's worrisome bodyguards. When Sigurð does sneak over to the girls' side, he meets Asuha again, where she calls him a pervert. When Sigurð discovers Naoya as part of Lotte's harem during lunch time, he immediately declares himself as Naoya's rival for Lotte's hand. Aside from his perverted tendencies, Sigurð is a famous and well-respected general in battle because of his country's warring state until as of recent. Ironically enough, he was trained in a strict military academy but Sigurð continues to act by his own rules and uses the skills he learned at the military for mostly stalking Lotte's group or escaping Dóra's sight of view, just to join Lotte's group. His small crush on her turned into a huge obsession, to Asuha's disgust. In the manga Helga puts a special ring on him that Dóra can activate if she feels he's getting too wild and needs to be reigned in.
- Ísadóra Finnsdottír (イサドーラ・フィンスドッティル Isadōra Finsudottiru?)
- Voiced by: Kana Asumi
- Ísadóra, nicknamed Dóra for short, is a chamberlain working under Sigurð. She is distantly related to Sigurð and Helga. Is under orders of Helga to monitor and restrain Sigurð as needed based on her own judgement. If she feels it necessary she can chant an incantation that activates a ring Sigurð is wearing to forcibly restrain him. Seems about Lotte's height but could be a few years older due to her level of maturity in reigning in Sigurð's antics. For some reason always wears an eyepatch.
The original manga by Yui Haga began serialization in Dengeki Maoh magazine from July 2007.
Lotte appears in Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten as the cameo character for the spell, Omega Ice.
An anime adaptation under the title Astarotte no Omocha! (アスタロッテのおもちゃ！?) began airing on Chiba TV and tvk on April 10, 2011, with subsequent broadcasts on Sun Television, TV Saitama, Tokyo MX, KBS Kyoto, TV Aichi, Nico Nico Channel, Bandai Channel, and AT-X. Produced by Diomedéa, the series is directed by Fumitoshi Oizaki, series composition by Deko Akao, music by Twinpower, character design by Mai Otsuka, and produced by Gorō Shinjuku, Jun Fukuda, Naoki Iijima, Takashi Kikuya and Tatsuya Ishiguro, respectively. An OVA episode was released on August 26, 2011. The opening theme is "Tenshi no CLOVER" (天使のCLOVER?) by Aimi, and the ending theme is "Manatsu no Photograph" (真夏のフォトグラフ?) by Azusa.
The anime adaption provided some changes, for example introducing Lotte's classmates far earlier in the storyline, and adding a subplot about Lotte gaining a magical tattoo on her back revealing she is about to undergo puberty. These plot elements were later added to the manga.
|01||"The Exclamation of Our Meeting"
"Deai no Ekusukuramēshon" (出会いのエクスクラメーション)
|April 10, 2011|
|Succubi are a race of beings who survive by having a harem of men from which they can suck 'life essence' from. However, Astarotte Ygvar, the crown princess, hates men. Under relentless pressure from Judit, her chief of staff, to grow up and start building her harem, she agrees to start but only with a human male. In the Creature World, humans are considered mythical creatures, with none having been seen in a thousand years. To her dismay, Judit manages to travel to the human realm and return with a 23 year old human male named Naoya Tōhara, who accepts the offer to found Astarotte's harem.|
|02||"The First Semicolon"
"Hajimete no Semikoron" (初めてのセミコロン)
|April 17, 2011|
|Naoya is introduced to Astarotte, but she refuses to get along with him. Naoya learns that when Astarotte was young, she witnessed her mother, Mercelída Ygvar I, engage in intimate acts with a member of her harem. From this, she developed a dislike for men and grew distant from her mother. Wanting to be able to make her feel less alone, Naoya makes a replica of Astarotte's favourite doll. The next day, Astarotte agrees to accept Naoya into her harem, on the condition that he be her "toy".|
|03||"Parentheses of Passing"
"Sure Chigai no Pāren" (すれ違いのパーレン)
|April 24, 2011|
|Naoya brings his ten year old daughter, Asuha, to the Creature World. Upon learning their ages, Astarotte grows upset since it would mean he had an affair when he was thirteen, though Asuha is quick to jump to Naoya's defense. Wanting to apologise to her, Asuha enrolls into Astarotte's school, where she makes some new friends, Mist, Yuna and Lucca, who mention they haven't had the courage to be friends with Astarotte. As Asuha makes up with Astarotte, rumours spread about a 'human male' on campus, which turns out to be a rampaging llama from a zoo. As it goes wild, Mist, Yuna and Lucca step in to defend Astarotte before Naoya manages to calm it down. Afterwards, Astarotte manages to make friends with the other girls, who affectionately call her 'Lotte'.|
|04||"Ampersand of the Party"
"Pātī no Anpasando" (パーティーのアンパサンド)
|May 1, 2011|
|The school's students receive invitations for their parents to attend a parent-teacher party. Astarotte states her mother, Mercelida, would be too busy to attend, but Asuha insists that she go ask her in person to be sure. She and Zelda visit Mercelída's palace, but after hearing the muttered complaints of palace staff, Astarotte returns home, leaving the invitation behind. At the party, Astarotte teases her rival, Elika, about Astarotte's alleged relationship with Naoya, but later becomes saddened when Mercelída doesn't show to the party. Her mother, who had come late to the party was returning to her own palace after missing her daughter, decides suddenly to see Astarotte anyway and flies to Astarotte's palace, only to encounter Naoya and Asuha, who is revealed to be her daughter, also known as Asuhariet.|
|05||"Quotation of Crossing"
"Kōsa no Kuōtēshon" (交差のクォーテーション)
|May 8, 2011|
|Naoya feels conflicted by the appearance of Mercelida, who three years after their chance fling left Asuha with him and disappeared, with Mercelida immediately running off before listening to what Naoya has to say. Judit reveals to Naoya that Mercelida is the queen, making Asuha and Astarotte half-sisters, and asks him to keep it a secret from Astarotte. Wanting to speak with Mercelida, Naoya and Asuha sneak into the palace dressed as maids. They are discovered by one of the queen's servants but is coincidentally chosen to be an escort based on Mercelida's requests. Upon meeting her, Naoya gives his thanks to Mercelida for bringing Asuha into his life. As Naoya talks with Mercelida, it is revealed she hid Asuha in the human realm to avoid the same battle against sisters for the throne that she faced. Noticing Astarotte is still downhearted, Naoya asks Mercelida to visit her class for the day, making it a day where everyone's parents could visit. Afterwards, Astarotte and Mercelida manage to reconcile with each other.|
|06||"Caret of Being Lost"
"Tomadoi no Karetto" (戸惑いのカレット)
|May 15, 2011|
|As Astarotte receives tickets to an amusement park, she becomes irritated with everyone making use of Naoya. Later that night, Astarotte goes missing before Naoya finds her by the World Tree. As Astarotte yells at Naoya, she accidentally activates the gate and is sent to the human world. Trying to think of a way to get her back, Naoya and Asuha go to seek out a sage named Sorveig that could help them. In order to see her, they have to solve a riddle, which Asuha manages to answer with her undies. There, they meet the sage, Ingrid Sorveig Sorgrims, who reveals the gate is linked to the Succubus race. As Ingrid agrees to help them, she soon learns that, due to the lack of magic in the Human World, Astarotte doesn't have enough magic to activate the gate.|
"Naisho no Aposutorofi" (内緒のアポストロフィ)
|May 22, 2011|
|Naoya travels to the human world in order to replenish Astarotte's magic so that she can return. However, Astarotte is still mad at him and tries to lock him out of his house, though this ultimately fails. After making up with her, Naoya kisses Astarotte on her forehead, allowing her to regain her magic and return to the demon world. As Naoya takes Astarotte to an amusement park as way of apology, Elika decides to take Asuha with her to the same park. To test her alleged 'adulthood', Elika suggests Astarotte go inside a haunted house, where she becomes so scared that she wets herself. As she becomes upset about it, Naoya reveals he didn't stop wetting the bed until he was 12. Upon returning home, they find Ingrid has moved her tower closer to the castle and become shocked when Ingrid suddenly kisses Naoya on the lips.|
"Tsuyoki no Kanma" (強気のカンマ)
|May 29, 2011|
|A prince from the Svarthæð empire, Sigurð Sveinnsson Svarthæð, bumps into Astarotte in town and falls in love at first sight. He sneaks into school and confesses his desire to marry Astarotte in front of her and her friends. Afterwards, Astarotte gets annoyed with Naoya for not saying anything when that happened. Later one night, Sigurð sneaks Astarotte out of the castle, hoping to receive an answer to his question, but Naoya appears and manages to convince Astarotte to come back with him after evading Sigurð's attack.|
|09||"Slight Fever Backslash"
"Binetsu no Bakkusurasshu" (微熱のバックスラッシュ)
|June 5, 2011|
|Astarotte and the others go to a private beach for some fun. Mercelida is also visiting another part of the beach and ends up meeting with Astarotte, hearing about how she's becoming friends with Asuha. After they part ways, Naoya catches a fever and seems to be uncomfortable around a 'certain area'. As Astalotte and her friends work on some get well food with help from Sigurð, Judit pressures Naoya to make more progress with the sexual nature of his relationship with Astarotte.|
"Tonari Dōshi no Fisuto" (隣同士のフィスト)
|June 12, 2011|
|A festival celebrating the World Tree is taking place and Astarotte's friends help her prepare for a singing performance. After some training and a bath, the girls, along with Naoya, head to the festival, where they have a brief run in with Sigurð. With Astarotte still nervous when it's time for her performance, Asuha helps her out by joining in the singing. After the festival, Asuha brings up the question of what Naoya intends to do after summer vacation ends.|
|11||"A Full Stop for the Two of Us"
"Futarikkiri no Furu Sutoppu" (二人っきりのフルストップ)
|June 19, 2011|
|Astarotte gets a red clover-shaped mark on her back, allegedly a sign that she is becoming an adult, and Judit tries to push Naoya into fulfilling his job description. As Judit later finds out it is not the same mark, but instead related to the leaves on the World Tree turning red, Naoya and Asuha start feeling weird. Ini theorises that the magical balance between worlds is destabilising and the World Tree is attempting to eliminate foreign objects from the Demon World, namely Naoya and Asuha. Soon, Naoya and Asuha become unable to hear the others and vice versa, and they also discover the entries in Asuha's diary are disappearing. With Astarotte potentially at risk from the World Tree as well, Naoya and Asuha decide they need to return to the Human World. The castle holds a farewell party, where Astarotte exchanges gifts with Asuha before asking Naoya on a date.|
|12||"An Asterisk Beyond the Sky"
"Sora-goshi no Asutarisuku" (空越しのアスタリスク)
|June 26, 2011|
|Astarotte and Naoya have their date at the amusement park where she finally manages to convey her feelings to him. The two promise to meet again while Mercelida pays a visit to Asuha. Some time after Naoya and Asuha return to the human realm, Ini makes use of Naoya's cellphone and the World Tree sapling at their house to establish communications with them, and the duo learns that the clover-shaped mark on Rotte's back was actually a bug bite and Judit gets some "punishment" for her mistake. Soon after Ini manages to stabilize the World Tree's magic to create a proper portal between the worlds, Naoya and Asuha use it to return to the monster realm and rejoin Lotte, whose growth marks finally appeared on her back.|
|OVA||"Nabla of Happiness"
"Shiawase no Nabura" (幸せのナブラ)
|August 26, 2011|
"Rensa no Parareru" (連鎖のパラレル)
|"The Overline of 11 Years Ago"
"Ju-ichi Nenmae no Obarain" (11年前のオーバーライン)
Tasked with homework based on self-research, Asuha decides to do her research on underwear whilst Astarotte decides to research on a dragon egg found in the World Tree. When the nest falls and breaks, Asuha makes a substitute nest out of everyone's underwear, allowing the egg to hatch.
Later, Judit tells of four years ago when Astarotte first met Zelda, who had been training under her master, Attley Reginhard. When a stray alpaca tries to attack Astarotte, Zelda awakens her senses as a guardian, deciding to become Astarotte's bodyguard.
Eleven years ago, Mercelida, who wasn't ready to become queen, escaped from the castle and ended up in the human world, where she met Naoya. As Mercelida lamented how her coming into royalty meant the death of her sisters, Naoya gives her comfort. That night, Mercelida decided to have sex with Naoya to restore her magical energy before returning home. And as a result becomes pregnant with Asuha, though it's not shown in the OVA.
- "Yui Haga's Lotte no Omocha! Manga Gets Anime". Anime News Network. October 25, 2010. Retrieved February 22, 2011.
- "Astarotte's Toy! EX Video Anime's Promo Streamed - News". Anime News Network. 2011-07-30. Retrieved 2012-01-25.
- "アスタロッテのおもちゃ!" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on May 3, 2011. Retrieved May 3, 2011.
- "アスタロッテのおもちゃ！" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on May 10, 2011. Retrieved May 10, 2011.
- "アスタロッテのおもちゃ！" (in Japanese). Web Newtype. Archived from the original on June 10, 2011. Retrieved June 10, 2011.
- "Astarotte's Toy Original Video Anime Listed - News". Anime News Network. 2011-04-07. Retrieved 2012-01-25.
- Lotte no Omocha! at Dengeki Comics
- Astarotte no Omocha! official anime website
- Lotte no Omocha! (manga) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
- Astarotte's Toy (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia