||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
|Developer(s)||IBM Collaboration Solutions|
|Type||Software as a service, collaboration, web 2.0|
IBM SmartCloud for Social Business is a suite of business networking and collaboration cloud-based services hosted by the IBM Collaboration Solutions division of IBM. The integrated services include social networking for businesses, online meetings, file sharing, instant message, data visualization and e-mail.
There are several IBM SmartCloud for Social Business offerings:
- IBM SmartCloud Connections provides an integrated set of collaboration tools for creating user profiles, managing contacts, creating business networking with your contacts, instant messaging, social file sharing, managing collaborative tasks called "Activities," creating "Communities" and sending out surveys through "Forms" application.
- IBM SmartCloud Meetings is a full-featured, web-based online meeting service, formerly known as Lotus Sametime Unyte Meeting.
- IBM SmartCloud Engage Standard combines the functionality of LotusLive Connections and LotusLive Meetings. It was code-named "Bluehouse" and was first announced at Lotusphere in January 2008.
- IBM SmartCloud Notes is a full-featured email, calendar, contact management and instant messaging service in the IBM cloud. With LotusLive Notes, users access their mailbox over the Internet with a web browser or with the Lotus Notes client.
- IBM SmartCloud iNotes is a web-based e-mail and calendar service. It uses the messaging assets that IBM acquired from Outblaze, a Hong Kong-based online application service provider.
IBM SmartCloud for Social Business also provides mechanisms for third-party applications to integrate with LotusLive. IBM has announced integration with Skype, LinkedIn, Salesforce.com, UPS, and Silanis.
At Lotusphere 2012, IBM announced that it has rebranded the LotusLive product line as IBM SmartCloud For Social Business.
- "IBM Unveils Plans for Collaboration Software and Services for Small-and-Medium Sized Businesses" (Press release). IBM. 2008-01-21. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- Chartier, David (2008-10-07). "Big Blue goes social with Bluehouse collaboration platform". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- Boulton, Clint (2008-10-06). "IBM Closer to Building Bluehouse to Compete with Cisco, Google, Microsoft Cloud Offerings". eWeek. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- "IBM Announces Intent to Acquire Outblaze's E-Mail Service Assets" (Press release). IBM. 2009-01-15. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- Ashenden, Angela (2009-01-23). "SaaS takes centre stage at Lotusphere". IT-Director.com. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- "IBM Lotus Introduces New Portfolio of Integrated Cloud Services" (Press release). IBM. 2009-01-19. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- "IBM adds new tools, services to LotusLive". Computer Business Review. 2010-04-14. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- IBM SmartCloud for Social Business Homepage
- Lotus Notes Hosted Messaging
- DeveloperWorks article on LotusLive
- DeveloperWorks article on LotusLive Engage