|Developer(s)||IBM Collaboration Solutions|
|Type||Software as a service, collaboration, web 2.0|
LotusLive is a suite of business networking and collaboration cloud-based services hosted by the IBM Collaboration Solutions division of IBM. The integrated services include social networking for businesses, online meetings, file sharing, instant message, data visualization and e-mail.
There are several LotusLive offerings:
- LotusLive Connections provides an integrated set of collaboration tools for creating user profiles, managing contacts, creating business networking with your contacts, instant messaging, social file sharing, managing collaborative tasks called "Activities," creating "Communities" and sending out surveys through "Forms" application.
- LotusLive Meetings is a full-featured, web-based online meeting service, formerly known as Lotus Sametime Unyte Meeting.
- LotusLive Engage combines the functionality of LotusLive Connections and LotusLive Meetings. It was code-named "Bluehouse" and was first announced at Lotusphere in January 2008.
- LotusLive Events adds event management (such as automatic e-mail announcements and event rehearsal) to LotusLive Meetings. This service was formerly known as Lotus Sametime Unyte Events.
- LotusLive Notes is a full-featured email, calendar, contact management and instant messaging service in the IBM cloud. With LotusLive Notes, users access their mailbox over the Internet with a web browser or with the Lotus Notes client.
- LotusLive iNotes is a web-based e-mail and calendar service. It uses the messaging assets that IBM acquired from Outblaze, a Hong Kong-based online application service provider.
At Lotusphere 2012, IBM announced that it has rebranded the LotusLive product line as IBM SmartCloud For Social Business.
- "IBM Unveils Plans for Collaboration Software and Services for Small-and-Medium Sized Businesses" (Press release). IBM. 2008-01-21. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- Chartier, David (2008-10-07). "Big Blue goes social with Bluehouse collaboration platform". Ars Technica. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- Boulton, Clint (2008-10-06). "IBM Closer to Building Bluehouse to Compete with Cisco, Google, Microsoft Cloud Offerings". eWeek. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- "IBM Announces Intent to Acquire Outblaze's E-Mail Service Assets" (Press release). IBM. 2009-01-15. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- Ashenden, Angela (2009-01-23). "SaaS takes centre stage at Lotusphere". IT-Director.com. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- "IBM Lotus Introduces New Portfolio of Integrated Cloud Services" (Press release). IBM. 2009-01-19. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- "IBM adds new tools, services to LotusLive". Computer Business Review. 2010-04-14. Retrieved 2010-09-21.
- Boulton, Clint (2009-01-22). "What Is IBM LotusLive? SAAS with Great Promise but Confusing Branding". eWeek. Retrieved 2009-01-25.
- LotusLive Homepage
- Lotus Notes Hosted Messaging
- DeveloperWorks article on LotusLive
- DeveloperWorks article on LotusLive Engage