Loudon Township, Seneca County, Ohio
|Loudon Township, Ohio|
Location of Loudon Township (red) in Seneca County, adjacent to the city of Fostoria (yellow).
|• Total||33.6 sq mi (87.0 km2)|
|• Land||33.6 sq mi (87.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||768 ft (234 m)|
|• Density||71.3/sq mi (27.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086950|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township - north
- Liberty Township - northeast corner
- Hopewell Township - east
- Seneca Township - southeast corner
- Big Spring Township - south
- Biglick Township, Hancock County - southwest corner
- Washington Township, Hancock County - west
- Perry Township, Wood County - northwest corner
Part of the city of Fostoria is located in northwestern Loudon Township.
Name and history
Loudon Township was organized in 1832.
Statewide, the only other Loudon Township is located in Carroll County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Seneca County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Lang, William (1880). History of Seneca County, from the Close of the Revolutionary War to July, 1880. Transcript Printing Company. p. 552.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.