|Date of birth:||October 28, 1986|
|Place of birth:||San Jose, California|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight:||175 lb (79 kg)|
|San Diego Chargers*
Winnipeg Blue Bombers*
:*Offseason and/or practice squad member only
Career highlights and awards
|Playing stats at|
Louie Sakoda (born October 28, 1986) is an American former college and professional football player who was kicker and punter in the Canadian Football League (CFL) for two seasons. He played college football for the University of Utah, and earned unanimous All-American honors. Sakoda played professionally for the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders.
Career record watch
- Field Goal Pct.: .864 (1st)
- Field Goals Made: 57 (1st)
- Field Goal Attempts: 66 (1st)
- PAT Made: 137 (1st)
- PAT Attempts: 140 (1st)
- PAT Pct.: .979 (1st
- Scoring (Overall): 308 (1st)
- Scoring (Kick): 308 (1st)
- Punts: 242 (1st)
- Punt Yards: 10,188 (1st)
- Punt Average: 42.1 (1st)
- 50-yard Punts: 50 (1st)
Awards and honors
- 2007 Rivals.com first-team All-American kicker
- 2007 SI.com second-team All-American punter
- 2007 CBS Sports first-team All-American punter and FWAA
- 2008 unanimous first-team All-American kicker (received the honor after being named to the AP,AFCA, FWAA, Sporting News, and the WCFF teams)
Sakoda was signed as a free agent with the San Diego Chargers, but was released before the 2009 season. On October 14, 2009, he signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. Sakoda was released by the Roughriders on August 2, 2010 after struggling at the start of the season. Sakoda was signed by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on August 10, 2010. He was injured before playing a single game and was released by the Bombers on September 22, 2010. He was later signed by the Edmonton Eskimos on March 21, 2011 after the team traded away Justin Medlock that same day. On June 26, 2011, Sakoda was released from the Eskimos.
- "2007 RIVALS.COM ALL-AMERICANS".
- "SI.com's All-Americas". CNN. December 11, 2007. Retrieved May 11, 2010.
- "2007 CBSSports.com All-America Team".
- "FWAA NAMES 2007 ALL-AMERICA TEAM".
- "Associated Press names 2008 All-America Team".
- "Texas Tech's Harrell Headlines 2008 AFCA Coaches’ All-America Team".
- "2008 FWAA All-America team". Sportswriters.net. Football Writers Association of America. December 13, 2008. Retrieved December 13, 2008.
- "Sporting News' college football All-American First Team".
- "2008 Walter Camp All America team". Waltercamp.org. Walter Camp Foundation. December 11, 2008. Retrieved December 11, 2008.
- "Louie Sakoda, DS #1 K, Utah".
- Louie Sakoda
- http://www.esks.com/article/esks-and-cats-trade-picks-and-players-edmonton-signs-free-agent-kicker-sakoda Esks and ‘Cats trade picks and players; Edmonton signs free agent kicker Sakoda