Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital
|Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, USA|
|Hospital type||Teaching, for-profit|
|Founded||1952 (opened in 1953)|
Louis A. Weiss Memorial Hospital, is an urban hospital located in Uptown, Chicago, Illinois. It is a 236-bed hospital, located on the site of what used to be Clarendon Beach, a popular beach of the city.
Beginning in July 2012, Weiss Memorial Hospital joined the other four Tenet Hospitals in Chicago as an Accountable care organization, part of the Center for Medicare and Medicaid's Shared Savings Program.
Patient care and research
At Weiss Memorial Hospital, various medical specialty services are provided through partnerships and contracts to achieve the best comprehensive care for patients.
- The Chicago ENT specialty practice for ear, nose and throat includes services for diagnostic, treatment and surgical intervention for ENT, as well as, allergy/immunology and audiology services.
- The Strauss Oncology Center at Weiss has a cancer research program that is an accredited through the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer.
- The Chicago Center for Orthopedics (CCO) located at Weiss Memorial Hospital is the first hospital in Chicago to earn the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Joint Replacement-Hip and Joint Replacement–Knee. The center has also earned the Blue Cross and Blue Shield's designation as a Blue Distinction Center® for knee and hip replacement and provides a wide variety of surgical and nonsurgical options to many orthopedic conditions.
- Several physicians specialize in Women's health including gynecology, gynecologic oncology, and urologic oncology and several physician's have private Urology practices at Weiss. Many of the gynecologic and urologic surgical procedures are performed by specialists using the most minimally invasive robotic-assisted technology: the advanced Da Vinci surgical system.
- The Center for Integrative Medicine which offers treatments in alternative medicine including acupuncture, healing touch, guided imagery and massage therapy.
- The Chicago Sleep Center offers treatments for sleep disorders and sleep issues by board-certified sleep medicine physicians.
- Chronic pain management services are provided by the APAC Centers for Pain Management, one of the largest pain management companies in the Midwest.
- Nephrology services are provided by board certified Nephrologists's of Optimum Kidney Care, S.C. Specializations include diabetes, kidney disease, resistant hypertension and proteinuria.
- Physicians affiliated with the Eye Surgery Center at Weiss Memorial Hospital include ophthalmologists in academics as well as private practice.
- Wiess has a negotiated contract with Continental Anesthesia Ltd. for its anesthesia services.
- All laboratory services are provided by Genesis Clinical Laboratory and all pathology services through the Board-certified Pathologists of the Illinois Pathology Associates, Ltd. The laboratory and pathology department at Weiss is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- The Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) departments at Weiss are accredited by the American College of Radiology(ACR).
The hospital hosts a residency program on Internal Medicine with approximately 50 medical residents, including categorical, transitional and preliminary residents. The current Program Director is Shehzad Ali, M.D.
- "Weiss Memorial Hospital Overview". Vanguard Weiss Memorial Hospital. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "ACO Contact List". Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- "CoC Hospital Locator - Summary Listing". American College of Surgeons. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- "JHACO Certified Programs". JHACO. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "Blue Distinction Centers for Specialty Care® within IL". Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Dr. Lev Elterman, M.D.".
- "Intuitive Surgical - da Vinci Surgery System".
- "Surgical Center". The APAC Groupe. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Optimum Kidney Care". Optimum Kidney Care. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Home - Continental Anesthesia". Continental Anesthesia Ltd. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Genesis Clinical Laboratory". Genesis Clinical Laboratory. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "NPI Registry data". Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "College of American Pathologists - Accredited Lab Search". College of American Pathologists. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "ACR - Accredited Facility Search". American College of Radiology. Retrieved 25 September 2012.