Louis F. Knoll
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (June 2013)|
|Louis F. Knoll|
|Died||12 February 2004|
|Other names||Louis Fred Knoll|
PhD – University of Berkeley
|Church||Baptist International Missions, Inc., North America|
Louis F. Knoll (died 2004) was an American Baptist missionary who taught Christian Ethics at the Andhra Christian Theological College, Hyderabad, affiliated with the Senate of Serampore College (University).
Robert Eric Frykenberg, Professor Emeritus of History & South Asian Studies at the University of Wisconsin, Madison writes that Louis F. Knoll believed that the British Rule in India was a major obstacle to the spread of Christianity in India.
Knoll was the co-founder of the Andhra Christian Theological College, Hyderabad. At first in 1967, the B. D. section of the Ramayapatnam Baptist Theological College, of which he was the Principal, was made to be situated in the same campus of Andhra Christian Theological College before it was fully integrated into the Andhra Christian Theological College in 1972 through an Act of Integration performed by Louis F. Knoll and then Principal William P. Peery.
The Mennonite Brethren Mission also sought Knoll to consolidate its organizational structure
- 1951 – The Abrahamic covenant in the Light of History
- 1959 – The Role of the Depressed Classes in Andhra Pradesh
- 1967 – Now We are Together
- 1968 – Population Trends and the Mission of the Church in Andhra Pradesh
- 1971 – State and Religions in British India: 1814 to 1865
After pursuing doctoral studies at the University of Berkeley, Knoll was awarded the doctoral degree in 1971. His doctoral thesis is preserved in microfilm and kept at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library in New Delhi.
- Richard Schramm, ABCUSA: Louis Knoll, Former Missionary in South India, Dies, From the Worldwide Faith News archives www.wfn.org. 2 March 2004. 
- Peter Penner Russians, North Americans and Telegus: the Mennonite Brethren p390 1997 "Louis F. Knoll of the American Baptist Society, then located in Madras, was given power of attorney."
- Robert Eric Frykenberg, Oxford History of the Christian Church, Oxford University Press, 2008. p.287.
- Foundations, Volume 11, American Baptist Historical Society, 1968. p. 321. 
- Peter Penner, Russians, North Americans and Telegus: the Mennonite Brethren mission in India, 1885–1975, Issue 10 of Perspectives on Mennonite life and thought, Volume 10 of Russians North Americans & Telagus, Kindred Productions, 1997. p. 276. 
- Louis Fred Knoll, The Abrahamic covenant in the Light of History, Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1951. 
- Louis Fred Knoll, The Role of the Depressed Classes in Andhra Pradesh, University of California, Berkeley, 1959. 
- Louis F. Knoll, Now We are Together. Cited in Indian Church History Review, Church History Association of India, 1980. Volume 14. p.132. 
- Louis F. Knoll, Population Trends and the Mission of the Church in Andhra Pradesh in National Christian Council Review, Volume 88, Wesley Press, 1968. 
- Louis F. Knoll, State and Religions in British India: 1814 to 1865, Graduate Theological Union, 1971. 
- Syed Yusuf Shah, Higher Education and Politics in Colonial India: A Study of Aligarh Muslim University, 1875–1920, Renaissance, 1996. pp. 53 and 298.