|Born||Louis J. Gaudinot
August 28, 1984
Yonkers, New York, United States
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg; 8.9 st)|
|Reach||63.0 in (160 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Hoboken, New Jersey, United States|
|Team||Team Tiger Schulmann|
|Rank||Fourth degree black belt in Kyokushin Karate under Tiger Schulmann|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Louis J. Gaudinot (born August 28, 1984) is an American professional mixed martial artist currently competing in the UFC's Flyweight division. A professional competitor since 2009, Gaudinot has also formerly competed on Spike TV's The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller as a Bantamweight. As of March 10, 2014, he is #12 in official UFC Flyweight rankings.
- 1 Background
- 2 Mixed martial arts career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Championships and accomplishments
- 5 Mixed Martial Arts Record
- 6 Mixed Martial Arts Exhibition Record
- 7 See also
- 8 References
Gaudinot began training in martial arts with Tiger Schulmann in Hoboken, New Jersey when he was six years old. Originally, he trained in Kyokushin Karate and over time began also training in grappling. Gaudinot later earned a fourth degree black belt in karate.
Mixed martial arts career
After many years of training, in 2008, Gaudinot made his amateur debut. He held a 3-1 record as an amateur before turning professional in 2009.
Ring of Combat
Gaudinot signed with New Jersey's Ring of Combat to compete as a professional in April 2009. His debut came at Ring of Combat 24 against fellow 0-0 fighter, Chris Aquino. Gaudinot controlled the bout and won the fight via unanimous decision after two, four minute rounds. After the fight, he stirred some controversy when he flipped off Aquino's corner.
Gaudinot fought on the next card at Ring of Combat 25 and took his first professional loss, losing a unanimous decision to Nick Cottone.
At Ring of Combat 26, Gaudinot bounced back from his loss to Cottone with a second round TKO victory over Jeff Cressman. Two months later Gaudinot was again in action, and again was fighting on back-to-back Ring of Combat cards. On the Ring of Combat 27 card he competed in his first three round fight, winning via unanimous decision against Nate Williams.
Gaudinot fought against Tuan Pham at Ring of Combat 28, winning the fight via KO in the first round. The impressive victory earned Gaudinot a chance at the vacant Ring of Combat Flyweight Championship. His title shot came at Ring of Combat 31 against Jesse Riggleman. Gaudinot dominated the bout and won via submission (guillotine choke) nearing the end of the first round.
The Ultimate Fighter
In 2011, Gaudinot had signed with the UFC to compete on The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller. In the first episode, Gaudinot fought highly touted Irish fighter, Paul McVeigh; winning via TKO in the third round. The win gained Gaudinot entry into the Ultimate Fighter house. He was selected as a part of Team Bisping.
Gaudinot next fought against Team Mayhem's Dustin Pague. Gaudinot lost the fight in the second round via rear-naked choke submission. The fight also won Gaudinot and Pague an additional $25,000 for the fan voted "Fight of the Season".
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Gaudinot returned to the flyweight division and faced former Jungle Fight Bantamweight Champion, John Lineker, on May 5, 2012 at UFC on Fox 3. The bout was contested at a catchweight of 127 lb, as Lineker missed weight. Gaudinot defeated Lineker via guillotine choke submission in the second round after an action-packed, back-and-forth first two rounds. Both participants earned Fight of the Night honors for their performances.
Gaudinot faced Phil Harris at UFC Fight Night 37. He won the fight via submission in the first round. However, on June 20, the win was overturned to a No Contest after it was revealed Gaudinot had failed his drug test.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (July 2014)|
Gaudinot is a fourth degree black belt in the Tiger Schulmann organization. He is the head sensei at the Tiger Schulmann MMA school in Hoboken, New Jersey. Gaudinot graduated from Seton Hall University with a degree in Criminal Justice. He is known for sporting various different hairstyles and colors, including dying his hair green and braiding it into cornrows for his fight with Johnny Bedford. Gaudinot has a daughter.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- Ring of Combat
- Ring of Combat Flyweight Champion (One time)
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
Mixed Martial Arts Record
|Professional record breakdown|
|11 matches||6 wins||4 losses|
|Loss||6–4 (1)||Kyoji Horiguchi||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 182||January 3, 2015||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|NC||6–3 (1)||Phil Harris||NC (overturned win)||UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa||March 8, 2014||1||1:13||London, England||Originally a submission win (guillotine choke); overturned due to failed drug test|
|Loss||6–3||Tim Elliott||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 164||August 31, 2013||3||5:00||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||6–2||John Lineker||Technical Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC on Fox: Diaz vs. Miller||May 5, 2012||2||4:54||East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States||Catchweight (127 lbs) bout; Lineker missed weight. Fight of the Night|
|Loss||5–2||Johnny Bedford||TKO (knees to the body)||The Ultimate Fighter 14 Finale||December 3, 2011||3||1:58||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Bantamweight bout.|
|Win||5–1||Jessie Riggleman||Submission (guillotine choke)||Ring of Combat 31||September 24, 2010||1||4:43||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States||Won the vacant Ring of Combat Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||4–1||Tuan Pham||KO (punch)||Ring of Combat 28||February 19, 2010||1||1:09||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||3–1||Nate Williams||Decision (unanimous)||Ring of Combat 27||November 20, 2009||3||4:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||2–1||Jeff Cressman||TKO (punches)||Ring of Combat 26||September 11, 2009||2||0:24||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Loss||1–1||Nick Cottone||Decision (unanimous)||Ring of Combat 25||June 12, 2009||2||4:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||1–0||Chris Aquino||Decision (unanimous)||Ring of Combat 24||April 17, 2009||2||4:00||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
Mixed Martial Arts Exhibition Record
|Professional record breakdown|
|2 matches||1 win||1 loss|
|Loss||1-1||Dustin Pague||Submission (rear-naked choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller||2011||2||2:32||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Quarterfinal Bout. Fight Of The Season.|
|Win||1-0||Paul McVeigh||TKO (elbow & punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller||2011||3||4:59||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Preliminary Bout.|
- "Fight Card - UFC 182 Jones vs. Cormier". UFC.com. Retrieved January 15, 2015.
- John Hyon Ko (January 1, 2015). "UFC 182 Flyweight Preview: up-and-comer Kyoji Horiguchi vs TUF 14 alum Louis Gaudinot". Asia MMA.
- UFC Fighter Rankings
- ""The Ultimate Fighter 14" cast unveiled with 32 bantamweights and featherweights". MMAJunkie.com. 2011-08-22.
- "Episode No. 1 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 14: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller'". MMAJunkie.com. 2011-09-21.
- "Episode No. 2 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 14: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller'". MMAJunkie.com. 2011-09-28.
- "Episode No. 4 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter 14: Team Bisping vs. Team Miller'". MMAJunkie.com. 2011-10-12.
- "UFC on FOX 3 adds flyweights Louis Gaudinot vs. newcomer John Lineker". mmajunkie.com. February 3, 2012.
- "Uyenoyama-Gaudinot added to UFC on FX 5". mmajunkie.com. August 1, 2012.
- "UFC confirms fights for UFC on FX 5, Uyenoyama vs. Harris now on tap". mmajunkie.com. August 22, 2012.
- Staff (2013-06-12). "Flyweight Bout Between Louis Gaudinot and Tim Elliott Added to UFC 164 Line-Up". mmaweekly.com. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- "Harris Draws Gaudinot For UFC Fight Night In London". yourmma.tv. January 10, 2014.
- "Louis Gaudinot tests positive for diuretic, suspended six months by UFC officials". mmajunkie.com. June 20, 2014.
- Ben Kiely (2014-08-28). "Undefeated Irish Fighter Books Another Fight In The UFC". balls.ie. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- Marc Raimondi (2014-10-17). "Flyweight contenders Kyoji Horiguchi, Louis Gaudinot meet at UFC 182". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2014-10-17.