Louis J. Massiah is an American documentary filmmaker.
He has been an artist-in-residence and on faculty at City College of New York, Princeton University, Ithaca College, the University of Pennsylvania, American University, Haverford College, and most recently at Swarthmore College and Temple University.
He is the founder and executive director of the Scribe Video Center.
- 1996 MacArthur Fellows Program
- 1990, 1996 Tribeca Film Institute Fellow
- 2009 Fleisher Founder's Award 
- The Bombing of Osage Avenue (producer/director), 1986
- Power! (co-producer/writer/director) 1990 
- A Nation of Law? (co-producer/writer/director), 1990
- W.E.B. Du Bois: A Biography in Four Voices, 1996 
- Louise Alone Thompson Patterson: In Her Own Words, 1996
- Haytian Stories