Louis R. Chênevert
|Louis R. Chênevert|
|Alma mater||Université de Montréal|
|Occupation||Chief executive officer of UTC (Retired)|
|Awards||2010 FDNY Fire Commissioner’s Humanitarian Award
2010 Pace Award for Leadership in Business Ethics
2009 Honor Award
Louis R. Chênevert is a Canadian-born businessman who is now an American citizen. He served as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of United Technologies Corporation. On November 24, 2014, Gregory Hayes was elected by the Board of Directors to succeed Chênevert, whose retirement was abruptly announced on November 24. Despite mediocre performance, well below average versus all of his peers, his leaving package was valued at $172 million.
Chênevert was elected to be UTC's President and Chief Operating Officer in March, 2006. He was elected president of Pratt & Whitney in 1999, after working with Pratt & Whitney Canada for six years. Before this, he spent 14 years at General Motors. On December 8, 2014 Chênevert stepped down as CEO of United Technologies Corp. and was replaced by director Edward Kangas.
Personal life and honors
While CEO of United Technologies Corporation in 2008, Chênevert earned a total compensation of $22,032,175, which included a base salary of $1,318,974, a cash bonus of $4,294,844, stock granted of $4,376,921, options granted of $11,774,710, and other compensation of $266,726.
On 22 May 2011, Chênevert received a doctorate honoris causa from HEC Montréal.
- "Louis Chênevert" (Press release). NNDB. Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- UTC. "Louis R. Chênevert Acceptance Remarks at 2010 FDNY Foundation Dinner for Fire Commissioner’s Humanitarian Award".
- "United Technologies Corp. and CEO Louis Chenevert Win ERC's 2010 Pace Award for Leadership in Business Ethics" (Press release). Ethics Resource Center.
- "A Salute to Visionaries of Sustainability". National Building Museum.
- "Louis Chênevert". UTC. Retrieved 2011-02-04.
- Mann, Ted. "United Technologies CEO Chenevert Abruptly Steps Down". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Clough, RIchard. "United Technologies CEO Left Amid Director Concern on Priorities". Bloomberg. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- The Business Council, Official website, Executive Committee
- 2008 CEO Compensation for Louis R. Chênevert, Equilar.com
- AW & ST, 14 January 2013 issue, p. 47
|CEO of United Technologies Corporation
April 9, 2008 – November 24, 2014
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|