|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 30th district
September 14, 2011
|Preceded by||Robert Mecklenborg|
September 28, 1949 |
|Alma mater||United States Naval Academy, Syracuse University, Harvard University|
 Life and career
Terhar is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy, Syracuse University, and Harvard University. He is the managing director for Strategic Planning Advisors LLC. He also teaches in Xavier University's Executive MBA program. He is married to his wife, Debe. They have four children.
Prior to his time in public office, he has served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Integris Metals and The David J. Joseph Company.
 Ohio House of Representatives
In 2011, Terhar was appointed to the Ohio House of Representatives after incumbent Robert Mecklenborg resigned over a drink-driving incident. He was sworn in on September 14, 2011. Currently, he is serving on the committees of Economic and Small Business Development; Judiciary and Ethics; and State Government and Elections.
Terhar won his first full term to his seat in 2012, defeating Democrat Steven Newsome with 69.62% of the vote.
- "Louis Terhar, Representative". Ohio House of Representatives. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- Ohio House of Representatives, Louis Terhar, Accessed December 15, 2011
- "Louis F. Terhar". Forbes. Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Louis Terhar named to replace Mecklenborg as state rep". Retrieved 9 October 2011.
- "Mecklenborg replacement Terhar sworn in". Retrieved 9 October 2011.