Louis Theroux: Gambling in Las Vegas
|Louis Theroux: Gambling in Las Vegas|
|Written by||Louis Theroux|
|Release date||4 February 2007|
|Running time||60 minutes|
Louis Theroux: Gambling in Las Vegas is a TV documentary written and presented by Louis Theroux. He heads to Las Vegas, to reveal the world behind the myths of casino culture. Among the people he meets are two of the casino's 'high-rollers' and an employee who looks after them as well as a retired doctor who says she has gambled away $4million in seven years. The programme was first broadcast on 4 February 2007 on BBC Two.
The Times newspaper gave the documentary a positive review. The Sydney Morning Herald commented "There's an element of prurient ogling at the sheer, mind-boggling waste but Theroux also attempts to unravel the troubled relationship between the largesse the casino bestows upon its favourites and the resulting gratitude and loyalty of the gamblers - many of whom fall into the "addicted" category, much as they would deny it."
- Gibson, Janine (2007-02-05). "Louis does Las Vegas". Guardian (London). Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Louis takes a big gamble". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Promising show, terrible time". The Courier Mail. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- Moran, Caitlin (2007-02-05). "Vegas Louis evens out the odds". Times (London). Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- "Louis Theroux". SMH. 2008-06-02. Retrieved 2010-10-05.
- Louis Theroux: Gambling in Las Vegas at BBC Programmes
- Louis Theroux: Gambling in Las Vegas at the Internet Movie Database