From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Louise or Luise in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Louise or Luise may refer to:
People with the given name Louise or Luise:
- Louise (opera), opera by Charpentier
- Louise (1939 film), a 1939 French film based on the opera
- Louise (2003 film), a 2003 Manitoba animated short film by Anita Lebeau
- "Louise", a song by Paul Revere & the Raiders from the album The Spirit of '67.
- "Louise", a song sung by Maurice Chevalier
- "Louise", a song by Paul Siebel on his debut album Woodsmoke and Oranges
- "Louise" (song), a song by the band The Human League from their 1984 album Hysteria
- "Louise", a song by Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders
- Louise Redknapp (born 1974), singer professionally known simply as "Louise"
- Luise Gruber, Austrian blues singer, professionally known as Saint Lu
- Louise Glover (born 1983), English model and photographer
- "Louise", a song by Linda Ronstadt from her album "Silk Purse" (1970)
- "Louise", a 2005 single by Bonnie Tyler
- Louise, Manitoba, a rural municipality in the province of Manitoba in Western Canada
- Louise, West Virginia
- Louise of Savoy (1476–1531), mother to Francis I of France
- Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1776–1810), queen of Prussia
- Princess Louise of Prussia (1808–1870) was the third surviving daughter and ninth child of Frederick William III of Prussia and Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
- Princess Louise of Prussia (1838–1923), daughter of Wilhelm I of Germany
- Louise of Great Britain (1724–1751), youngest surviving daughter of George II of Great Britain and Caroline of Ansbach. Queen of Denmark and Norway from 1746 until her death, as the first wife of King Frederick V of Denmark.
- Louise of Hesse-Kassel (1817–1898), daughter of Prince William of Hesse and Charlotte of Denmark. A German princess by birth and in 1863 became the Queen to King Christian IX of Denmark.
- Louise of Mecklenburg-Güstrow (1667 – 1721) was Queen of Denmark and Norway as the first spouse of King Frederick IV of Denmark.
- Louise of Sweden (1851–1926) was Queen of Denmark as the spouse of King Frederick VIII of Denmark. She was the only daughter of King Charles XV of Sweden and Louise of the Netherlands.
- Louise of the Netherlands (1828–1871) was the Queen of Sweden and Norway as spouse of King Charles XV of Sweden and IV of Norway. Her father was Prince Frederick of the Netherlands, the second child of King William I of the Netherlands and Wilhelmina of Prussia. Her mother Louise was the eighth child of King Frederick William III of Prussia and Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
- USS Louise
- USS Louise No. 2 (SP-1230), a United States Navy patrol vessel in commission from 1917 to 1919
- Louise, a steamship on the Chesapeake Bay
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.