2012 Australian Paralympic Team portrait of Ellery
|Born||4 January 1977|
She suffered a Traumatic brain injury following a car crash in 1998. She competes in the F32 class (severe to moderate quadriplegia, but with athletes usually able to functionally propel a manual wheelchair). In Sydney in 2005, Ellery broke the world record in seated shot put at the National Championships. She has represented her country twice at the Paralympic Games, at Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008, and finished 6th on both occasions.
Ellery won gold medal in the women’s F32–34/52/53 shot put, as a competitor in the F32 class, with a throw of 6.17 metres. This was Australia’s first gold medal in the track and field events at the 2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games which took place at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi.
At the 2012 London Games, she won the silver medal in the Women's Shot Put F32/33/34.
- "Commonwealth Games & other Indian sports events :". Delhigames.info. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Gaskin, Lee (2010-10-08). "Ellery shoots to the top - Local News - Sport - C'wealth Games". The Canberra Times. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Dutton, Chris (26 November 2011). "Canberrans Chase Olympic Dreams". Canberra Times (Canberra, Australian Capital Territory). pp. 10–12.
- "Shot put gold for Ellery | APC Corporate". Paralympic.org.au. 2010-10-07. Retrieved 2011-12-21.
- Athlete profile for Louise Ellery from www.athletics.com.au
- Athlete profile for Louise Ellery from www.paralympic.org.au
- Louise Ellery - Athletics Australia Results