Countess Louise Juliana of Nassau
|Countess Louise Juliana|
Louise Juliana of Orange-Nassau
|Spouse(s)||Frederick IV, Elector Palatine|
IssueLuise Juliane, Countess Palatine of Zweibrücken
Frederick V, Elector Palatine
Elisabeth Charlotte, Electress of Brandenburg
Louis Philip, Count Palatine of Simmern-Kaiserslautern
|Noble family||House of Nassau (by birth)
House of Wittelsbach (by marriage)
House of Palatinate-Simmern
|Father||William the Silent|
|Mother||Charlotte of Bourbon|
31 March 1576|
|Died||15 March 1644
Louise Juliana of Orange-Nassau (31 March 1576 in Delft – 15 March 1644 in Königsberg) was the eldest daughter of William of Nassau, Prince of Orange and his third spouse Charlotte de Bourbon-Montpensier.
Louise Juliana is the first Dutch born member of the House of Orange-Nassau. After her father was murdered in 1584, she and some of her five sisters were raised by their stepmother Louise de Coligny.
On 23 June 1593, Louise Juliana married Frederick IV, Elector Palatine of the Rhine, by whom she had eight children:
- Luise Juliane of the Palatinate (Heidelberg, 16 July 1594 - Meisenheim, 28 April 1640); married in 1612 to Pfalzgraf John II, Count Palatine of Zweibrücken.
- Katharina Sofie of the Palatinate (Heidelberg, 10 June 1595 - Köln an der Spree, 28 June 1626).
- Frederick V, Elector Palatine (Jagdschloß Deinschwang, 16 August 1596 - Mainz, 29 November 1632).
- Elisabeth Charlotte of the Palatinate (Neumarkt, 19 November 1597 - Crossen an der Oder, 26 April 1660); married in 1616 to Elector George William of Brandenburg.
- Anna Eleonore of the Palatinate (Heidelberg, 4 January 1599 - Heidelberg, 10 October 1600).
- Louis William of the Palatinate (Heidelberg, 5 August 1600 - Heidelberg, 10 October 1600).
- Maurice Christian of the Palatinate (Heidelberg, 18 September 1601 - Heidelberg, 28 March 1605).
- Louis Philip, Count Palatine of Simmern-Kaiserslautern (Heidelberg, 23 November 1602 - Krossen, 6 January 1655).
After the death of her husband in 1610, she ruled in the name of her son Frederick V, known as "the Winter King."
Countess Louise Juliana of NassauBorn: 31 March 1576 Died: 15 March 1644
Anne of East Frisia