Louisiana Highway 466
|Maintained by Louisiana DOTD|
|Length:||0.83 mi (1.34 km)|
|Existed:||1955 renumbering – present|
|West end:||LA 18 in Gretna|
|East end:||LA 23 in Gretna|
Louisiana Highway 466 (LA 466) is a state highway in Louisiana that serves Jefferson Parish. Running entirely in the Gretna city limits, LA 466 is commonly referred to as 5th Street and Kepler Street. It spans 0.83 miles (1.34 km) from west to east.
Route description 
From the west, LA 466 begins at an intersection with LA 18 in Gretna at Lafayette Street and runs easterly through Gretna. It ends at LA 23 (Franklin Avenue). The speed limit on the entire route is 30 mph (48 km/h).
LA 466 is an undivided, two-lane road for its entire length.
LA 466 originally consisted of sixteen hyphenated routes designated in the 1955 Louisiana Highway renumbering, all within Gretna, Jefferson Parish unless otherwise noted:
- LA 466-1 (3.2 miles): Patterson Drive, Algiers (Orleans Parish) from LA 428 (General Meyer Avenue) near the Algiers Canal to Merrill Street; part of pre-1955 State Route 996.
- LA 466-2 (1.1 miles): Monroe Street from Kepler Street to the Orleans Parish line; part of pre-1955 State Route 30-D.
- LA 466-3 (0.9 miles): 1st Street from Huey P. Long Avenue to Weidman Street; pre-1955 State Route 2-D and later State Route 2084.
- LA 466-4 (0.4 miles): Weidman Street from Washington Street to Hancock Street; pre-1955 State Route 1241.
- LA 466-5 (0.4 miles): Virgil Street from Hamilton Street to Hancock Street; pre-1955 State Route 1240.
- LA 466-6 (1.0 mile): Madison Street from Virgil Street to the Orleans Parish line; pre-1955 State Route 1242.
- LA 466-7 (1.1 miles): Hancock Street from Kepler Street in Gretna to Socrates Street in Algiers; pre-1955 State Route 30-E.
- LA 466-8 (1.3 miles): Hamilton Street from Washington Street to Whitney Avenue; pre-1955 State Route 1239.
- LA 466-9 (0.3 miles): 2nd Street from Huey P. Long Avenue to Lafayette Street; part of pre-1955 State Route C-1474.
- LA 466-10 (0.9 miles): 5th and Kepler Streets from Lafayette Street to Hancock Street; part of pre-1955 State Routes 30-D and 30-E.
- LA 466-11 (0.4 miles): Lavoisier Street from 7th Street to 1st Street; pre-1955 State Route 1237.
- LA 466-12 (0.6 miles): Newton Street from 11th Street to 1st Street; pre-1955 State Route 1238.
- LA 466-13 (0.3 miles): Huey P. Long Avenue from 10th Street to 5th Street; pre-1955 State Route 451.
- LA 466-14 (0.9 miles): Derbigny Street from 14th Street to 1st Street; pre-1955 State Route 456.
- LA 466-15 (0.6 miles): Dolhonde Street from 11th Street to 1st Street; pre-1955 State Route 1236.
- LA 466-16 (0.2 miles): Lafayette Street from 5th Street to 2nd Street; part of pre-1955 State Route C-1474.
All of the above routes were deleted with the exception of LA 466-10, which was shortened by one block on the east end and renumbered to simply LA 466.
Major intersections 
|0.00||0.00||LA 18 (5th Street, Lafayette Street)||Western terminus;
Partially unsigned junction
|0.83||1.34||LA 23 (Franklin Avenue)||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Microsoft. Bing Maps – Map of LA 466 (Map). Cartography by Nokia. http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?mapurl=http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Attached_KML/Louisiana_Highway_466&action=raw. Retrieved November 10, 2012.