Louisiana Purchase (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Louisiana Purchase could be:
- The Louisiana Purchase, in which the United States of America bought territory from the French.
- Louisiana Purchase (musical), a 1940 musical about Louisiana politics.
- Louisiana Purchase (film), a 1941 adaptation of the musical.
- Louisiana Purchase Council, a local council of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Louisiana Purchase State Park in Arkansas.
- Louisiana Purchase Exposition, the Saint Louis World's Fair of 1904.
- A slang name for $100-$300 million in added federal aid for Medicaid recipients in Louisiana ostensibly to "purchase" the vote of U.S. Senator from Louisiana Mary Landrieu in favor of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Removed from the final passed bill during reconciliation, after Landrieu's vote was cast)
- "Louisiana Purchase" (song), a 1948 song by Andy Williams, Kay Thompson, and The Williams Brothers.
- Montopoli, Brian (21-Dec-2009). "Tallying the Health Care Bill's Giveaways". CBS News.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.