Louisiana State University Laboratory School
|Louisiana State University Laboratory School|
|45 Dalrymple Drive
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
|Type||Public, lab school, College-prep|
|Motto||Excellence in every endeavor|
|Oversight||Louisiana State University|
University Laboratory School is one of two laboratory schools in Baton Rouge. The other is Southern Laboratory School (commonly known as "Southern Lab"), which is operated by Southern University on the north side of the city.
School Facts College preparatory public school (K - 12) Teacher /Student Ratio: 1:23 Accreditation: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Louisiana Department of Education Ranked by the State of Louisiana as a 5 Star School
School and Community The Louisiana State University Laboratory School was established by the College of Education, now known as the College of Human Sciences and Education, of Louisiana State University and has operated under its auspices for nearly 100 years. This coeducational school exists as an independent system to provide training opportunities for pre- and in-service teachers and to serve as a demonstration and educational research center. Since the school is part of the LSU system, students are required to pay tuition. The school is located on the main campus of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, a center for the petrochemical industry and a major deep-water port. Baton Rouge is the capital of Louisiana with a population of over 600,000.
- Elizabeth Ashley, actress
- Bradford Banta, former NFL professional football player and standout at USC
- Glen Davis, current professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Clippers of the NBA and standout at LSU
- Jimmy Field, Baton Rouge lawyer and member of the Louisiana Public Service Commission from 1996 to 2012
- Brian Kinchen, former NFL professional football player and standout at LSU
- Chuck McMains (Class of 1966), former member of the Louisiana House from East Baton Rouge parish; Baton Rouge lawyer and lobbyist
- Johnny Robinson, former NFL professional football player and standout at LSU
- Steven Soderbergh, Hollywood director of several films including Ocean's Eleven
- Darryl Hamilton, former Major League Baseball player
- Doug Moreau, former district attorney of East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana and former LSU football player
- Chad Loup, former LSU football player and current physician in orthopedic surgery
- Brothers Collis Temple III and Garrett Temple, both former LSU basketball players and Garrett now plays professionally with the Washington Wizards
- Oliver Brown, former LSU basketball player
- Benjy Davis, lead singer of the Benjy Davis Project, a southern rock band that tours throughout the south and up the east coast
- Hall Davis V, former University of Louisiana at Lafayette defensive end, selected 149th overall in the 5th round by the St. Louis Rams in the 2010 NFL Draft.
- Rheagan Courville, former elite gymnast and LSU Lady Tigers gymnastics team member.