Louisiana State University System
The Louisiana State University System is budgetarily the largest public university system in Louisiana. William L. Jenkins is the system's interim president. The system has its headquarters in the System Building on the property of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge—3810 West Lakeshore Drive.
Current LSU System entities
- Louisiana State University Agricultural Center - Baton Rouge (established 1972)
- Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center New Orleans (established in 1931).
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria (opened 1960)
- Louisiana State University at Eunice (opened 1967)
- Louisiana State University in Shreveport (opened 1967)
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center Shreveport (classes began 1969).
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center - Baton Rouge (became separate institution in 1977)
LSU Health (Public Hospital System)
- Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans (MCLNO), New Orleans.
The LSU system has a presence in all 64 Louisiana parishes through its cooperative extension service. This service assists farmers, gardeners, and other businesses in dealing with some of Louisiana's unique environmental challenges.
- Garret Danos (Chairman)
- Robert Yarborough (Chairman-Elect / Member-at-large)
- James W. Moore, Jr. (Past chairman)
- Scott Ballard (District 1)
- Stanley J. Jacobs (District 1)
- Ann Duplessis (District 2)
- J. Stephen Perry (District 2)
- Garret Danos (District 3)
- Anthony G. Falterman (District 3)
- John George (District 4)
- Raymond J. Lasseigne (District 4)
- R. Blake Chatelain (District 5)
- James W. Moore, Jr. (District 5)
- Ronald R. Anderson (District 6)
- Rolfe H. McCollister, Jr. (District 6)
- Jack E. Lawton, Jr. (District 7)
- Lee Mallett (District 7)
- "Lombardi fired with 12-4 vote on Friday, Jenkins to take over as interim". The Daily Reveille. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Staff Directory." Louisiana State University System. Retrieved on August 31, 2011. "3810 W. Lakeshore Dr. Rm. 107 Baton Rouge, LA 70808"
- "Offices of the LSU System." Louisiana State University System. Retrieved on August 31, 2011. "Offices of the LSU System 3810 W. Lakeshore Drive Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808"
- "System Building." Louisiana State University. Retrieved on August 31, 2011.
- "Interactive Campus Map > System Building." Louisiana State University. Retrieved on August 31, 2011. Image 1 Image 2
- "LSU System Board of Supervisors". Retrieved 13 July 2012.