Louisiana State University System
The Louisiana State University System is budgetarily the largest public university system in Louisiana. F. King Alexander is the system's president. The system has its headquarters in the System Building on the property of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge—3810 West Lakeshore Drive.
Current LSU System entities
- Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College (main campus in Baton Rouge)
- Louisiana State University Agricultural Center - Baton Rouge (established 1972)
- Louisiana State University at Alexandria (opened 1960)
- Louisiana State University at Eunice (opened 1967)
- Louisiana State University in Shreveport (opened 1967)
- LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans (established in 1931)
- LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport (classes began 1969)
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center - Baton Rouge (became separate institution in 1977)
- Pennington Biomedical Research Center - Baton Rouge
LSU Health Care Services Division
- Bogalusa Medical Center, Bogalusa.
- Doctor Walter O. Moss Regional Medical Center, Lake Charles.
- Earl K. Long Medical Center, Baton Rouge.
- Huey P. Long Medical Center, Pineville.
- Lallie Kemp Regional Medical Center, Independence.
- Leonard J. Chabert Medical Center, Houma.
- Medical Center of Louisiana at New Orleans (MCLNO), New Orleans.
- University Medical Center, Lafayette.
The LSU System has a presence in all 64 Louisiana parishes through its cooperative extension service. This service assists farmers, gardeners, and other businesses in dealing with some of Louisiana's unique environmental challenges.
Current LSU System board members
- Garret Danos (Chairman)
- Robert Yarborough (Chairman-Elect / Member-at-large)
- James W. Moore, Jr. (Past chairman)
- Scott Ballard (District 1)
- Stanley J. Jacobs (District 1)
- Ann Duplessis (District 2)
- J. Stephen Perry (District 2)
- Garret Danos (District 3)
- Anthony G. Falterman (District 3)
- John George (District 4)
- Raymond J. Lasseigne (District 4)
- R. Blake Chatelain (District 5)
- James W. Moore, Jr. (District 5)
- Ronald R. Anderson (District 6)
- Rolfe H. McCollister, Jr. (District 6)
- Jack E. Lawton, Jr. (District 7)
- Lee Mallett (District 7)
- "Staff Directory." Louisiana State University System. Retrieved on August 31, 2011. "3810 W. Lakeshore Dr. Rm. 107 Baton Rouge, LA 70808"
- "Offices of the LSU System." Louisiana State University System. Retrieved on August 31, 2011. "Offices of the LSU System 3810 W. Lakeshore Drive Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808"
- "System Building." Louisiana State University. Retrieved on August 31, 2011.
- "Interactive Campus Map > System Building." Louisiana State University. Retrieved on August 31, 2011. Image 1 Image 2
- "LSU System Board of Supervisors". Retrieved 13 July 2012.