Cover art of volume 5 featuring Fukushima Yūya and Takamatsu Nagisa.
|Genre||Comedy, Romance, Shoujo|
|Written by||Nana Haruta|
|Original run||August 3, 2005 – May 2007|
Love Berrish! (ラブ・ベリッシュ! Rabu Berisshu!?) is a manga series by Nana Haruta which ran in Ribon from August 2005 until May 2007. A drama CD of the series was released along with the December 2005 issue of Ribon. The title was conceived and derived from the title of the video game Oshare Majo: Love and Berry.
Yūya Fukushima decides to enroll in Natsuka Academy, a boarding high school, and is assigned to live in the socially ostracized Strawberry Dorm with five other students: Azusa, Nagisa, Emika, Ame, and Kon. Although initially annoyed with the occupants of the Strawberry Dorm, Yūya is encouraged to stay by the handsome school president Azusa. As Yūya falls in love with him, she battles the unfair social prejudice the other students give the Strawberry Dorm members.
- Yūya Fukushima (福島 由夜 Fukushima Yūya?)
- Voiced By: Hitomi Nabatame
- 15-year-old Yūya Fukushima recently moved into the Strawberry Dorm on the Natsuka Academy campus, as there was no more space left in the girl's dorm, White Peach. She initially finds the people in her dorm strange and wanted to transfer out, but after a talk with Azusa, she chooses to stay and begins befriending her dormmates. Yūya is touched by Azusa's watchful and genuine kindness, which leads to her falling in love with him. In contrast, she is often personally annoyed by Nagisa's indifferent and rude behaviour. Her feelings slowly stop after finding out that Azusa only went out with her to forget the remaining feelings he had for Ako, his previous girlfriend. However, as the story progresses afterwards, Yūya falls in love with Nagisa, only realising it after a long time and confessing at the end.
- She is a single child; her mother died when Yuya was in the first year of middle school. Yuya initially thought that her father sent her away to boarding school to get her out of the way, but later finds out that it was because both her parents had attended there before, and that her mother wanted Yuya to go there too. She is very good at playing table tennis, but cannot perform well at any other sport, including jump rope.
- Nagisa Takamatsu (高松 渚 Takamatsu Nagisa?)
- Voiced By: Akira Ishida
- The eldest of four siblings, the indifferent Nagisa also lives in Strawberry Dorm and attends Natsuka Academy. Despite being temperamental and sometimes physically violent, he is popular at school. Although he talks cryptically and rudely to Yūya, the rest of the Strawberry Dorm insist that he is good at heart. Because he keeps quiet about his thoughts, Yūya often has trouble figuring out his motives. He has been friends with Chiba since middle school. He quickly realized Yūya has a crush on Azusa but it was unclear whether he was trying to hinder a relationship between them or encourage it. Nagisa develops feelings for Yūya and clearly demonstrates his jealousy towards the fact that Yuya still has lingering feelings for Azusa, even after he got back together with Ako. He gets together with Yūya in the end.
- He was transferred to Strawberry Dorm due to a violent incident involving a teacher. He did not get expelled as Azusa believed Nagisa would not have done that without a good reason, so talked the teachers into letting him stay.
- Azusa Chiba (千葉 梓 Chiba Azusa?)
- Voiced By: Kenji Nojima
- Azusa is extremely popular and many girls, including Yūya, tend to think of him as a "Prince" due to his good looks and kind nature. He is the student representative at Natsuka Academy, and is at the top of his class. He was the dorm president in middle school. He does his best to help keep the peace in the Strawberry Dorm, especially between Nagisa and Yūya. Azusa and Nagisa appear to be close friends, but Nagisa dislikes his self-sacrificing nature. This was demonstrated when Azusa broke up with his girlfriend in middle school, Ako, because he believed she was truly in love with Nagisa.
- He transferred to Strawberry Dorm due to an agreement with teachers, where he was to watch over Nagisa.
- Emika Mito (水戸 笑佳 Mito Emika?)
- Voiced By: Yukari Tamura
- Quirky and outgoing, Emika is a bubbly and childish illeist, often referring to herself as "Emi." Her curiosity leads her to asking strange questions, although she is naive and innocent about the whole situation. She is particularly amazed with Yūya's bra size and wistfully wishes to have a bust as large as hers. On the contrary, when Emika first attended Natsuka Academy, she was quiet, shy, and was unable to make friends until Kon began talking to her. However, she transferred to the Strawberry Dorm to escape Yukino's bullying advances. She is very close friends with Kon, but is naively unaware about his feelings towards her, until the end.
- Kon Miyagi (宮城 紺 Miyagi Kon?)
- Voiced By: Takahiro Mizushima
- 16-year-old Kon is a close friend of Emika's. He has been in the same class with her for five consecutive years and is in love with Emika. He believed his love was unrequited, until the end when Emika realised how she felt about Kon.
- He transferred to Strawberry Dorm after breaking an expensive vase in the teacher's lounge.
- Ame Yamanashi (山梨 雨芽 Yamanashi Ame?)
- Although described as a graceful beauty and won the school's beauty contest. Ame is actually a male, but has a "girl's heart". Yūya suspects that Ame and Azusa are in a relationship, but Ame reveals her secret to her to ease her worries. She met Azusa and Nagisa in junior high, when she had to dress as a guy, and lived in the Watermelon Dormitory, the dorm for boys. She began dressing as a girl in her third year and applied for the girls dorm, White Peach, but many of the teachers rejected the idea and made her live in the Strawberry Dorm instead. She always skips PE because she was registered as a male and is required to take PE with the guys.
- Michelle La France (ミシェル・ラ・フランス Misheru Ra Furansu?)
- Voiced By: Sayori Ishizuka
- Michelle is the Strawberry Dorm's cat. She scratches Yūya the first time she meets her, and seems to take a liking only to Azusa. Azusa and Yuuya are the only ones who call her Mī-chan (ミーちゃん Mī-chan?); the rest dub her "Fugly".
- Junko Utsunomiya (宇都宮 純子 Utsunomiya Junko?)
- Voiced By: Megumi Toyoguchi
- The head of the Strawberry Dorm.
- Marina Shimizu (清水 まりな Shimizu Marina?)
- A classmate of Yūya, she is scornful and rude towards all the members of the Strawberry Dorm except for Azusa, whom she adores. Although she bullied Yūya, Yūya tries to befriend her when Azusa proposes a sports festival idea. During practise for the festival, Shimizu defends Yūya when others gave up on her and eventually gets along with Yūya in her own way. She seems to dislike Nagisa.
- Ako Okayama (岡山 亜子 Ako Okayama?)
- Ako is a friend of Nagisa and Azusa from middle school, and was Nagisa's childhood friend. She dated Azusa, though Nagisa was also in love with her. After an incident regarding Nagisa, Azusa broke up with her because he believed that Ako loved Nagisa more than she loved him. Ako gradually began to pretend to herself that she loved Nagisa, though deep in her heart she still knew that the one she loved was Azusa. At the Summer Festival, Nagisa confessed to Ako that he liked her to make her realize that she actually loved Azusa. He then reassured her that Azusa still loved her too and that they should get back together.
- Yukino Toyohashi (豊橋 雪乃 Toyohashi Yukino?)
- Yukino is the first friend Emika made at Natsuka Academy when the two were in middle school. Although they grew close, at the same time, Yukino felt more possessive towards Emika when she began making other friends. In a desperate attempt to save their friendship, Yukino often threatened to hurt Emika's new friend unless she broke off that friendship. When she returns to Emika's life and develops a jealousy towards Yūya and Ame, she tries to keep Emika to herself by locking her in an empty classroom. However, Emika is rescued by the efforts of Yūya, Ame, and Kon. Reminded by Kon that she used to be as lonely as Yukino was, Emika forgives her.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN|
|01||February 15, 2006||ISBN 978-4-08-856668-9|
|02||July 14, 2006||ISBN 978-4-08-856692-4|
|03||December 15, 2006||ISBN 978-4-08-856718-1|
|04||April 13, 2007||ISBN 978-4-08-856736-5|
|05||August 10, 2007||ISBN 978-4-08-856761-7|
- "ドラマCD ラブ・ベリッシュ!/チョコミミ オリジナルサウンドストーリー" (in Japanese). Suguru-ya. Retrieved 2009-02-18.