Love (2008 Indonesian film)
|Directed by||Kabir Bhatia|
|Produced by||Manoj Samtani|
|Written by||Titien Wattimena|
Laudya Cynthia Bella
Al Fathir Muchtar
|Music by||Erwin Gutawa|
|Cinematography||Eddy Michael S.|
|Distributed by||13 Entertainment|
Love is a 2008 Indonesian romance film directed by Kabir Bhatia as a remake of the 2006 film Cinta. The film marked the last appearance of actor Sophan Sophiaan before his death in 2008. Sophiaan appeared opposite his real-life wife, Widyawati.
With Jakarta as the background, the film shares the stories of 5 different couples of various ages, social, and economic groups.
The project began filming in 2007, and was at first accused of being a copy of the 2003 British romantic comedy film Love Actually. Writer Titien Wattimena denied that it was a copy, and Christo Damar of 'The Nature Producers' stated that while Love began with the same basic precept, it was actually based upon the 2006 film Cinta, with perhaps a 10% similarity to its predecessor, and 90% being a different story as now set in Jakarta. The composer Erwin Gutawa contributed to the film.
- Acha Septriasa as Iin
- Darius Sinathriya as Awin
- Fauzi Baadilla as Rama
- Irwansyah as Restu
- Laudya Cynthia Bella as Dinda
- Luna Maya as Tere
- Sophan Sophiaan as Nugroho
- Surya Saputra as Gilang
- Widyawati as Lestari
- Wulan Guritno as Miranda
- Ajeng Sardi as Dewi
- Aryo Wahab as Rio
- Gading Marten as Arif
- Marsha Aruan as Icha
- Linda Ramadhanty as Ayu
- Nur Saptahadi as Chandra
- Al Fathir Muchtar as Omar
- Marsha Timothy as Tia
- Joko Anwar as Arya
|2008||Movie Of The Year Guardians e-Awards||Love|
|2008||Best Leading Actor||Surya Saputra|
|2008||Best Leading Actress||Acha Septriasa|
|2008||Best Supporting Actor||Sophan Sophiaan|
|2008||Best Cinematography||Eddy Michael Santoso|
|2008||Best Editing||Kabir Bhatia
|Studio album by Complication|
|Label||Sony BMG Music Entertainment Indonesia|
Ost. Love is an album complication was released on 2008 for accompany film was same title, Love. The soundtrack album have 9 songs. The hits song single Sempurna sing by Andra and The BackBone was recycling song by Gita Gutawa.
- Sempurna (second version) - Gita Gutawa
- Anugerah Terindah Yang Pernah Ku Miliki - Sheila On 7
- Oo..Oo..Oo.. - Gigi
- Kasih Tak Sampai - Padi
- Scoring Love 2 - Erwin Gutawa
- Dua Hati Menjadi Satu - Gita Gutawa feat Dafi
- Ku Ingin Engkau - Vagetoz
- Sempurna (first version) - Gita Gutawa
- Scoring Love 1 - Gita Gutawa
Iskandar Liem of the Jakarta Post wote that the film might have seemed to simply be a remake of the earlier Cinta, using notable stars as a means of attracting money at the box office, but offered that "despite its flaws, [the film] proves to be an emotional reflection on affairs of the heart. Speaking toward the work of Sophan Sophiaan in the film, Liem wrote it was "refreshing to see senior thespian Sophan venturing outside his usual stern patriarchal roles with his touching portrayal of vulnerability." He acknowledged the work of Widyawati, Sophiaan's real-life wife, in her role as Lestari, writing "her character's generosity of spirit genuinely glows from her". He shared that of the cast, the work of Acha Septriasa was a "standout performance", writing "her performance is so fluid and organic, it's hard to believe this is the same grating actress who shamelessly turned on the waterworks in Love is Cinta". Liem concluded his review by summarizing "In spite of its flaws, Love still gave this jaded viewer a warm fuzzy feeling all over as the credits rolled".
- Liem, Iskandar (February 24, 2008). "A love–hate relationship with Kabir Bhatia's latest offering". Jakarta Post (thejakartapost.com). Retrieved June 25, 2010.
- "Film 'Love' tidak Contek Film Luar Negeri". Inilah (in Indonesian) (artis.inilah.com/). February 7, 2008. Retrieved June 25, 2010.[dead link]
- "Laudya Chintya Bella Sayangi Anak Autis". Kapalagi (in Indonesian) (kapanlagi.com). January 28, 2008. Retrieved June 25, 2010.
- Laura, Lady Asther (January 9, 2008). "Putus dari Irwansyah, Acha Septriasa Gaet Fauzi Baadilla". Kabar Indonesia (in Indonesian) (kabarindonesia.com). Retrieved June 25, 2010.
- Liem, Iskandar (February 24, 2008). "A love–hate relationship with Kabir Bhatia's latest offering". Jakarta Post. Retrieved June 3, 2008.