Love Is All
|Love Is All|
|Labels||What's Your Rupture?
Polyvinyl Record Co.
Love Is All is a five-piece indie pop band from Gothenburg, Sweden. It releases songs in English. Paste Magazine has stated that it makes "infectiously lo-fi punk rock laced with saxophone and melodic vocals".
Swedish band Love Is All are composed of Josephine Olausson (vocals, keyboard), Johan Lindwall (bass), Markus Görsch (drums), James Ausfahrt (saxophone), and Nicholaus Sparding (guitar/vocals). Olausson, Sparding, and Görsch had previously been members of Girlfrendo. The trio promptly regrouped after that band's demise and added Lindwall, who had recorded in a side project with Olausson and Sparding called Cat Skills. They finally added the missing piece with saxophone player Fredrik Eriksson. While earning many rave reviews from the blogging community for their blend of art punk and indie rock, the band released several singles, one of which made single of the week in NME. The singles were collected on the debut LP Nine Times That Same Song, released by New York-based What's Your Rupture? in late 2005. After much touring through 2006 and 2007, Eriksson left the band and Love Is All continued on as a quartet. A Hundred Things Keep Me Up at Night and the remix album Love Is All Mixed Up arrived in 2008, along with Eriksson's replacement Åke Strömer (saxophone, keyboards). They are currently signed to Polyvinyl Record Co..
- Nine Times That Same Song (What's Your Rupture?) (2005)
- A Hundred Things Keep Me Up at Night (What's Your Rupture?) (2008)
- Two Thousand and Ten Injuries (Polyvinyl Record Co.) (2010)
- Love Is All...Mixed Up (What's Your Rupture?) (2008)
Singles and EPs
- "Spinning And Scratching / Make Out, Fall Out, Make Up / Ageing Hard / Never Been His Friend" 7" EP (2003)
- "Lost Thrills" (Dolores Recordings)
- "Felt Tip" (Smashing Time)
- "Make Out, Fall Out, Make Up" (2006) (What's Your Rupture?) No. 133 UK
- "Busy Doing Nothing" (2006) (What's Your Rupture?) No. 103 UK
- "Used Goods" (What's Your Rupture?)
- "Ageing Had Never Been His Friend / Nothing To Be Done" (2007) (What's Your Rupture?)
- "Love is All Play 5 Covers" (2008) (self-released)
- "Wishing Well & Covers" (2008) (Emusic)
- "Last Choice" (EP) (2009) (What's Your Rupture?)
- "Pappas Tant(previously unreleased)" (September 2011, Polyvinyl Records's Japan 3.11.11: A Benefit Album)
- "Polyvinyl Records - Japan 3.11.11: A Benefit Album". Polyvinyl Records Official Web Site. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Love is All on MySpace
- Punkcast#886 video of first USA show - Rockies, Brooklyn - Nov 15, 2005 (RealPlayer) (mp4)
- Subculture Magazine review of Nine Times That Same Song
- Subculture Magazine Interview / August 2006
- Adequacy.net's review of Two Thousand And Ten Injuries
- Pitchforkmedia.com's review of Nine Times That Same Song
- Pitchfork interview
- Official Website
- Live Photos from London gig
- Live Audio Melbourne, Australia February 2007
- Revista O Grito! Interview
- Love Is All at The Indie Music Database
- Love is All at exclaim
- Love is All interview
- Love is All at Polyvinyl Record Co.