Love Story 2050
|Love Story 2050|
poster of Love Story 2050
|Directed by||Harry Baweja|
|Produced by||Pammi Baweja|
|Written by||Harry Baweja|
Archana Puran Singh
|Music by||Anu Malik|
|Editing by||Merzin Tavaria|
|Distributed by||Baweja Movies|
|Release date(s)||4 July 2008|
|Running time||180 minutes|
|Budget||INR 600 million (approximately)|
Love Story 2050 is a 2008 Bollywood science fiction film starring producer Pammi Baweja and director Harry Baweja's son Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra. Some parts were filmed in Adelaide, Australia. Initially the film was supposed to release on 21 December 2007 but got postponed to 4 July 2008 due to extensive post production work. The premiere was held on 2 July 2008 in London. The movie was released on 4 July 2008 to negative reviews and tanked at the box office.
Karan Malhotra (Harman Baweja) is a spirited and happy-go-lucky boy who does not follow the rules. Sana (Priyanka Chopra) is the opposite of Karan: a sweet and shy girl who lives life by the rules. Even though they are completely opposite, they fall in love, leading to a magical love story.
A scientist, Dr. Yatinder Khanna (Boman Irani), has dedicated 15 years of his life to building a time machine. Sana expresses a wish to time-travel to Mumbai in the year 2050, but she is killed in an accident before her marriage to Karan. Karan wishes to travel back in time and find Sana. Dr. Yatinder, Karan, and Sana's siblings Rahul and Thea travel forward in time and reach Mumbai in 2050. They are fascinated by the futuristic Mumbai, with its flying cars, holograms, robots, 200-story buildings and more.
Twists and turns lead to the introduction of Ziesha (Priyanka Chopra), the reincarnation of Sana. Ziesha is a popular singer in 2050 who does not remember her past life, but gets flashbacks of it after meeting Karan. Unlike Sana, Ziesha is an arrogant, headstrong and rebellious girl who does not believe in love. She leads a lonely life after the death of her parents, which has embittered her.
Karan and the others find themselves under the threat of the demi-god, Dr. Hoshi. After Karan tells Ziesha he loves her, he is taken away from her by the guards. Ziesha does not believe him when he tells her about his time travel. However, after reading Sana's diary, Ziesha ultimately remembers her past life. Karan returns to her and she declares her love for him and tells him she is Sana. Dr. Hoshi tries to capture Karan because he wants the time machine. After a wild attempt to catch Karan and Ziesha, Hoshi crashes into a nuclear substance truck and dies. Karan goes back to 2008 in the time machine with Ziesha and the rest of his family. Everyone is overjoyed to see their beloved Sana again and Karan proposes to her.
Cast and crew 
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
- Harman Baweja as Karan Malhotra
- Priyanka Chopra as Sana Bedi/Ziesha
- Boman Irani as Professor Yatinder Khanna/Uncle Ya
- Aman Batala as Rahul (Sana's younger brother)
- Archana Puran Singh as Mrs. Bedi (Sana'smum)
- Shishir Sharma as Mr. Bedi (Sana's dad)
- Dalip Tahil as Mr Malhotra (Karan's dad)
- Kurush Deboo as Jimmy Dhinchuck (hacker)
- Harsh Vasishta as Karan's Friend
- Mehezabeen Sarela as Sheena
Initially, when Love Story 2050 was announced in 2004, Kareena Kapoor had signed on to play Priyanka's role, for which she was reportedly paid Rs.30 million. Kapoor later opted out in 2006 saying she had some date problems and was replaced by Chopra. Love Story is Bollywood's first futuristic film and had 1200 special effect shots, the most ever in India. The budget – Rs.500 million – is high for an Indian movie.
The special effects were executed by four international firms. Two special effects houses — Weta Workshop (New Zealand) and John Cox (Brisbane, Australia) — have won an Academy Award for their work on international projects.
Lead actress Priyanka Chopra played a double role so she coloured her hair twice: once red to portray the girl from future and then again black. The red-haired look is inspired from Harman Baweja's sister Rowena Baweja's painting which portrays woman of today and tomorrow. The script of Love Story 2050 inspired her to do the painting.
The film released on 4 July 2008 with 540 plus prints (including 200 digital screens) and approximately 200 prints overseas.
Savio Zacharia of Indiaglitz.com said that though Harry Baweja fails in certain parts, Harman Baweja manages to impress with his acting and dancing. Priyanka Chopra is not all that impressive in spite of getting a meaty role. Boman Irani and Archana Puran Singh were praised for their good acting.
Noyon Jyoti Parasara of AOL said the movie is above average and gave a rating of 2.5 out of 5. "The problem with Love Story 2050 is that right from the first shot it seems to be an advertisement for Harman Baweja." She said that "Harman is the man and he does not let you down, especially considering he is a newcomer.
Anand Vaishnav of Sify.com found the film quite corny and the characters "plain annoying" at times. He criticised what he called the repeated and cliched dialogues such as: "I don’t need luck, I have love" by Harman's character Karan. He said the film was unoriginal and very similar to many other films. He added, however, that Harman is confident but his dialogue delivery is sub par and that Chopra looked fabulous and is a fairly good performer.
Buzz18.com said that the movie just "drags on" being an excessive three hours long. Harman was said to be in need of a lot of work on his acting, especially on his dialogue delivery while Priyanka's performance was deemed "lacklustre".
Sheeba Hasan of Masala.com feels the film was an "immense disappointment" and "a waste of a Rs. 500 million budget". The hyped special effects were said to be "inconsistent" and even "amateurish".
Indicine.com said that "the story is nonsensical, the love story lacks soul, you do not feel for any single character in the movie". The dialogues in the movie were said to be especially "irritating". However, Harman was said to be a good dancer with good screen presence but needs to improve in the acting department.
Raja Sen of Rediff.com called the movie "absolutely ridiculous" with "nothing to offer". In reference to Harman Baweja, Sen said "He cannot act. He does not look good. He does not have screen presence".
Box office 
The film failed to generate a big initial response and the bookings for the sci-fi release were tepid at best, garnering only about 25%–30% advance bookings.
Love Story 2050 opened to a 25% response and, by noon shows, was in the 35%–40% range. In multiplexes, it opened to a 50%–60% response on Friday. The film was released on 725 cinemas including 350 digital cinemas.
The film crashed all around in week two, thus an average in India and overseas. Most call it a trade disaster because it could not retrieve the cost of its budget, making Adlabs lose over 400 million (US$7.3 million).
DVD and CD, telecast on television 
Harry Baweja has plans to release the movie on DVD and has sold the DVD rights for a huge price. The DVD pack will include videos on the making of Love Story 2050 and its special effects.
PC game 
Rocking Pixels in co-ordination with undisclosed USA-based firms is developing a game based on the film. The game was to be released sometime in June[when?] at an expected price point of around Rs200; after the movie's failure, the release date of the game has been extended. This concept follows other Bollywood-based video games such as Dhoom 2 and Ghajini..
||This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
|Love Story 2050|
|Studio album by Anu Malik|
10 May 2008 (India)
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|"Aa Gaya Hun Mein"||KK||Not picturised in the film||6:27|
|"Mausam Achanak Ye Badla Kyun"||Shaan, Alka Yagnik||Picturied on Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra||5:55|
|"Milo Na Milo"||Shaan||Picturised on Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra||6:07|
|"Sach Kehna"||Kunal Ganjawala||Picturised on Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra||6:16|
|"Jane Kaisi Hai Teri Meri Love Story (Happy Version)"||Shaan||Picturised on Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra||4:48|
|"Jane Kaisi Hai Teri Meri Love Story (Sad Version)"||Shaan||Picturised on Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra||3:22|
|"Lover Boy"||Alisha Chinai||Picturised on Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra||6:39|
|"Meelon Ka Jaisa Tha Fasla (Happy Version)"||KK, Alka Yagnik||Picturised on Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra||6:15|
|"Meelon Ka Jaisa Tha Fasla (Sad Version)"||KK, Alka Yagnik||Picturised on Harman Baweja and Priyanka Chopra||3:26|
See also 
- "Forthcoming Movies". MovieTalkies.com. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na – Love Story 2050". Text " Imraan Khan " ignored (help); Text " Harman Baweja" ignored (help)
- "Love Story 2050 to release on 4 July". BollywoodHungama. 2007-04-08. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- "‘Love Story 2050′ - Priyanka Chopra to attend Music release". IndianNewsLive. 2008-04-08. Retrieved 2008-04-27.
- "Love Story 2050 Review : Love Story 2050 Movie Review".
- "'Love Story 2050 Preview'". Indiafm. 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2008-06-16.
- "'Love Story 2050 Synopsis'". Lovestory2050.com. 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-16.
- "Kareena and Baweja part ways…". BollywoodHungama. 2006-02-23. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "Oscar winners for Harman's debut film". BollywoodHungama. 2007-07-07. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "Love Story 2050 and Harman - The Future Is Here". Indiafm. 2006-06-29. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- "A robot to play the lead in Love Story 2050…". BollywoodHungama. 2006-06-29. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "Meet Priyanka Chopra's pet robot". BollywoodHungama. 2006-11-30. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "Priyanka Chopra's double role in Love Story 2050". BollywoodHungama. 2007-01-25. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "Painting inspired Priyanka's new look". Indiaglitz. 2008-05-17. Retrieved 2008-05-17.
- "Love Story 2050 - Movie Review - AOL India Bollywood".
- "Welcome to Sify.com".
- "REVIEW: Harman's Love Story 2050 - Buzz18 Entertainment".
- "Love Story 2050 (Movie Review)".
- "Review: Love Story 2050".
- "Box Office: Not a Krrish, LS 2050 draws poor advance, JTJN better; TPTM sinks".
- "Box Office Update :B.O. Update: 'Jaane Tu' takes a flying start, 'Love Story 2050' dull".
- "[[Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na]] clicks, Love Story 2050 slips- Entertainment-Media / Entertainment -News By Industry-News-The Economic Times". The Times of India. 2008-07-05. Wikilink embedded in URL title (help)