Love and Honor (2013 film)
|Love and Honor|
Theaterical release poster
|Directed by||Danny Mooney|
|Produced by||Chip Diggins
|Screenplay by||Jim Burnstein
Garrett K. Schiff
|Music by||Alex Heffes|
|Cinematography||Theo van de Sande|
|Edited by||Glenn Garland|
|Distributed by||Lighting Entertainment
Love and Honor is a 2013 romantic drama film directed by Danny Mooney. It is Mooney's feature-film directorial debut. The film, based on a true story of a Michigan soldier, takes place during the Vietnam War and is set in Ann Arbor and surrounding areas. The story follows a soldier who, after being dumped by his girlfriend, decides to return home secretly from war with his best friend to win her back.
In 1969, at the time of the Apollo 11 mission, U.S. soldier Dalton Joiner, fighting in the Vietnam War, uses his time of R&R supposed to be spent in Hong Kong, to fly back to the U.S. to re-capture the heart of his girlfriend Jane. Fellow soldier Mickey Wright accompanies him. Jane now calls herself Juniper, and is member of a group of anti-war activists. Joiner and Wright pretend they are AWOL, and are admired by the group for that, until it is revealed that they plan to return in time. Jane breaks up (again) with Joiner, which makes him decide to flee to Canada. Wright falls in love with Candace, but returns to Vietnam.
- Liam Hemsworth as Mickey Wright
- Aimee Teegarden as Juniper/Jane
- Teresa Palmer as Candace
- Austin Stowell as Dalton Joiner
- Chris Lowell as Peter Goose
- Max Adler as Burns
- Wyatt Russell as Topher Lincoln
- Delvon Roe as Isaac
The international sales rights were acquired by Lighting Entertainment in May 2012. Lighting Entertainment intended to premiere the film for international buyers at the Cannes Film Market held in May 2012.
- "Love and Honor (2013) (2013) - Box Office Mojo". boxofficemojo.com. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Feature Film ‘AWOL’ Approved For Michigan Film Credits". CBS Detroit. April 13, 2011. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- McKee, Jenn (July 4, 2011). "Liam Hemsworth to star in 'AWOL,' scheduled to film soon in Ann Arbor". annarbor.com. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- "‘AWOL’, starring Liam Hemsworth, filming in Ypsilanti, MI July 21- July 26". On Locations Vacations. July 14, 2011. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- Lewis, Dave (May 9, 2012). "'Hunger Games' star Liam Hemsworth fights for romance in 'Love and Honor'". HitFix. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- "Marché registration up 9% this year". Le Marché du Film.