Loves of a Blonde
|Loves of a Blonde|
Film under an alternate title
|Directed by||Miloš Forman|
|Produced by||Doro Vlado Hreljanović
|Written by||Miloš Forman
|Music by||Evžen Illín|
|Running time||90 minutes|
Andula is a working-class woman living in a fading Czech factory town. After a party she sleeps with Milda, a pianist with the band who was visiting from Prague. A famous line is uttered as they are lying in bed afterward. Andula asks what Milda meant when he said she was "angular." He goes on to explain that a woman is shaped like a guitar. "And you, you look like a guitar too," he tells her, "but one painted by Picasso." They part ways, and when she doesn't hear from him again, she packs up and arrives on his doorstep in the big city. Milda is not home, and she meets his parents, who don't know what they should do with her. Milda comes home early the next morning, and it becomes clear to Andula that she is not wanted, so she returns to her home.
- Hana Brejchová as Andula
- Vladimír Pucholt as Milda
- Vladimír Menšík as Vacovský
- Ivan Kheil as Maňas
- Jiří Hrubý as Burda
- Milada Ježková as Milda's Mother
- Josef Šebánek as Milda's Father
- Josef Kolb as Pokorný
- Marie Salačová as Marie
- Jana Nováková as Jana
The film was nominated for the Golden Globe for Best Foreign Film and the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film in 1967. It was ranked #89 in Empire magazines "The 100 Best Films Of World Cinema" in 2010.
- List of submissions to the 39th Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Czechoslovakia submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "The 39th Academy Awards (1967) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- "The 100 Best Films Of World Cinema – 89. Loves of a Blonde". Empire.
- Loves of a Blonde at the Internet Movie Database
- Loves of a Blonde at allmovie
- Criterion Collection essay by David Kehr
- Loves of a Blonde review from the New York Times.
|This article about a comedy–drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|