|Look up lowball in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Lowball was an early type of railway signal which indicated danger or a need to stop. The ball signal was a light or indicator suspended from a rope, that could move upwards and downwards, held by a weighted ball. The lowball signal was indicated when the weighted ball, and therefore signal, was at the end of its rope in the low position, indicating stop.
It can also refer to:
- Low-ball, a persuasion technique
- Lowball (poker), a variant of the card game poker, in which hand values are reversed so that the lowest-valued hand wins
- Lowball estimate, also known as cost underestimation, the estimation of the lower bound of a venture's cost
- Lowball glass, a short glass tumbler used for serving certain varieties of alcoholic beverages
- Yoshinori Kon, "The Current Status of Signal Control Systems, and Research and Development" JR EAST Technical Review (Technology and Planning Department East Japan Railway Company) 3 Winter 2004:36–44 at 36–37 pdf.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Lowball.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.