||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (December 2013)|
|Origin||San Diego, California|
|Associated acts||Of Mice & Men, Dance Gavin Dance, Emarosa, Isles & Glaciers, Elevate: I Am, The Red Sky, The Remedy, Wild Eyes Full Of Terror|
|Past members||Matt Geise
Lower Definition was a post-hardcore band from San Diego, California. The band is also known as "Lower D", "The Deezy" or "Phelan" by their fans.
Lower Definition was formed in 2002 by Eddy Marshburn and Valentino Arteaga. Marshburn's sister introduced the two and they began rehearsing, soon connecting with other musicians. The band started out playing in the all-ages scene of San Diego.
The band, still unsigned, won a slot on the Taste of Chaos tour at the San Diego Sports Arena in 2006 resulting from a contest held by MySpace. Their demo song "Higher Than Kites" features Vic Fuentes of Pierce The Veil. At Mira Mesa's Epicentre a month later, lead singer Jordan Wark surprised fans and his four bandmates when he announced onstage that he'd be leaving the band. Matt Geise came from the band The Red Sky to replace Wark on vocals. In 2007, they independently released their debut album, Moths featuring Geise for the first time as their vocalist on an any recording.
In 2008, they released The Greatest of All Lost Arts on Ferret Records, featuring guest vocals from Jonny Craig of Emarosa, Isles & Glaciers, and Dance Gavin Dance. The band went on the Party Star Tour with Dance Gavin Dance and A Static Lullaby to promote its release. Arteaga and bassist Stefan Toler quit the band in February, 2009 causing the band to suffer their first break-up.
2009-Present and Inactivity
The band re-formed when Matt Geise and Eddy Marshburn put together a new lineup in late 2009 with Willie Caldwell, Korey Severson, and Michael McCullough. The band started recording with Chad Ackerman (formerly of Destroy the Runner) and posted demos to their Myspace. Since the band's reformation they went on the No Bummer Summer Tour with Gwen Stacy and the Mac N Dank Tour with Conditions. They also toured with Jamie's Elsewhere. They finished recording their new demo EP entitled "the infinite et cetera", available at their bandcamp website.
 Matt Geise has said from several of his Twitter updates that he is no longer lead singer for the band. Since then Lower Definition has gone in a state of Inactivity.
- Matt Geise - Vocals (2007–2011)
- Eddy Marshburn - Lead Guitar (2002–2011)
- Willie Caldwell - Rhythm Guitar (2009–2011)
- Michael McCullough - Bass (2009–2011)
- Korey Severson - Drums (2009–2011)
- Valentino Arteaga - Drums (2002–2009) (Now in Of Mice & Men)
- Stefan Toler - Bass (2002–2009)
- Jordan Wark - Vocals (2005–2007)
- Kristian Moreno
- Forrest Holland - Drums (2003-2004)
- Esteban Baena - Vocals (2002–2004)
- Jafet Fajer Gutierrez
- Kerry Carter - Bass/Vocals (2002–2004)
- Fermin Barbosa - Aztec Drums (2002–2004)
EP's & Demos
- Upon Fallen Ashes (Self-released, 2003)
- Early 2004 Demo (Self-released, 2004)
- Winter Tour 2004-2005 Sample (Self-released, 2004-2005)
- Rough EP (Self-released, 2005)
- Demo 2005 (Self-released, 2005)
- Fall 2006 Demo (Self-released, 2006)
- Moths (Self-released, 2007)
- The Greatest of All Lost Arts (Ferret Records, July 8, 2008)
- The Infinite Et Cetera (Self-released, 2011)