Kalispel Indian Community of the Kalispel Reservation
Lake Pend Oreille, traditional Kalispel homeland
|over 400 enrolled members|
|Regions with significant populations|
|United States ( Washington)|
|Kalispel language, English|
|traditional tribal religion|
|Related ethnic groups|
|other Kalispel/Pend d'Oreilles peoples, Chewelah people|
The tribe's headquarters is in Cusick, Washington. The tribe is governed by a democratically-elected, five-member tribal council. The current administration is as follows:
- Chairman: Glen Nenema
- Vice-Chairman: Raymond Pierre III
- Secretary: Darren Holmes
- Council Member: Betty Jo Peingkham
- Council Member: Curt Holmes.
In 1809, the North West Trading Company opened a trading post in their territory. A Roman Catholic mission was founded in the 1840s. The Upper Kalispel were forced onto an Indian reservation in Montana, while the Lower Kalispel remained on their homelands in Washington.
The tribe refused to sign a treaty proposed by the US government in 1872. In 1875, there were only 395 Lower Kalispel. Non-Natives claimed reservation lands under the Homestead Act, and economic opportunities for tribal members were minimal. In 1965, the average tribal member's income was $1,400, and there was only one telephone for the entire tribe.
The tribe owns and operates the Northern Quest Resort and Casino, located in Airway Heights, Washington. The resort features Masselow's, The Q, Fai's Noodle House, Yogoshop, Rivers Edge Buffet, Fatburger, Villa Fresh Italian Kitchen, Marketplace, and Cravings restaurants, as well as several bars and nightclubs: Legends of Fire, Impulse, Fireside Lounge, Liquid, and the Turf, and La Rive Spa.
The tribe owns the franchise rights to Fatburger in the Eastern Washington region, having opened a restaurant in Spokane's 5-Mile district. 
- "Kalispel Tribe." Northwest Portland Art Indian Health Board. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "Kalispel-Pend d’Oreille." Ethnologue. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- Pritzker 257
- Pritzker 258
- "Government: Business Council." Kalispel Tribe of Indians. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "Northern Quest Resort and Casino." 500 Nations. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "Fatburger". Kalispel Tribe of Indians. Retrieved 8 December 2013.
- Pritzker, Barry M. A Native American Encyclopedia: History, Culture, and Peoples. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. ISBN 978-0-19-513877-1.
- Kalispel Tribe of Indians, official website