From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||469 ft (143 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Area code(s)||270 & 364|
|GNIS feature ID||497318|
Lowes is a census-designated place in Graves County, Kentucky, United States. Lowes is 12.5 miles (20.1 km) northwest of Mayfield. The 2010 United States Census reported that Lowes’ population is 98.
- Alben W. Barkley, Senator and Harry Truman's Vice President, was born near Lowes.
- J. Paul Hogan, pioneer in the invention of the plastics industry, was born in Lowes.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Feature Detail Report for: Lowes, Kentucky." USGS. U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lowes, Kentucky Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_GCTPL1.ST10&prodType=table 2010 US Census report for Kentucky
|This Graves County, Kentucky state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|