Lowry in a recent photo shoot in New York City
|Genres||Rock, folk, anti-folk, psych folk|
|Labels||Engine Room Recordings|
Lowry is a Brooklyn-based indie rock band with members originally hailing from Kansas, New Zealand, Australia, North Carolina and Canada. Originally emerging from New York City's "anti-folk" scene, the band has gone through several incarnations before settling into its current line-up in early 2008. Their debut studio album 'Awful Joy', which blended alt-country, psychedelia and rock was released in 2005. Signed to Engine Room Recordings in 2008, they released their sophomore studio album 'Love Is Dead' October 26, 2008.
- Alex Lowry · Singer/Writer/Guitar/Keyboards
- Crash · Drums/Vocals
- Heidi Sidelinker · Vocals/Banjo/Guitar/Percussion
- Greg Tuohey · Guitar
- Jasper Leak · Bass
- Spent Movement (Brita Records, 1999)
- Left My Car on the Paseo (Brita Records, 2002)
- Awful Joy (OddMob music NYC, 2005)
- Live in Atlanta Unplugged (Independent Release, 2006)
- The Magazine EPs V.1 & 2 (ThunderBitch, 2007)
- Love Is Dead (Engine Room Recordings, 2008)
- "Stories (the long entry)". Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Jen Carlson (7 August 2008). "Lowry, Band". Gothamist. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Matthew Solarski (19 November 2008). "My Brightest Diamond, Frightened Rabbit Do Covers". Pitchfork. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- Engine Room Recordings label website
- Official website
- Lowry on Myspace
- "The Awful Joy of Alex Lowry"
- "Getting ‘Lowd’: Lowry puts soul into music, brings heart to the stage"
|This article on a rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|