Loyola Institute of Business Administration
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration|
|Type||Private business school|
|Dean||Rev. Dr. Emmanuel Arockiam S.J.|
|Director||Fr. Dr.Peter Xavier S.J.|
|Postgraduates||120 + 120|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Loyola Institute of Business Administration or LIBA is a business school in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It was established in 1979. LIBA is a jesuit institution of the Loyola College, Chennai. Both these institutions are run by the Loyola College Society.
The autonomous school is governed by a Board, and offers a full-time MBA (PGDM) program (2 years), part-time MBA (PGBM) program (3 years) and various executive diploma courses and also is a resource center for PhD programs offered in affiliation with the University of Madras. Current full-time MBA classes have a size of approximately 120 students. Present Director of LIBA is Fr. Dr.Peter Xavier S.J.
LIBA secured the 9th rank in the Business Today-Nielsen Survey 2009 which ranks Management Institutes in India annually.
- 1 History
- 2 Courses
- 3 Admissions
- 4 Management Development Centre
- 5 Centres of Excellence
- 6 International Collaborations
- 7 Student Committees and Clubs
- 8 Events
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) was established in 1979 with a three-year part-time PGDBM programme mainly to cater to the needs of executives in and around Chennai.
The part-time PGDBM programme has been approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Since 1995, LIBA offers a two-year full-time PGDM programme. This programme has been approved by the AICTE and is recognized as equivalent to an MBA degree of Indian Universities by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). LIBA also has collaborations with several Universities overseas.
- Two-year PGDM Programme
- Three-year part-time PGDM Programme
- Ph.D Programme
- One-year Executive PG Diploma Programme
- Certificate Programmes
- Blended Learning
- Executive MBA
Admissions to the two year full-time MBA is done through XAT examination conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur. From academic year 2012, LIBA has also started accepting CAT scores. So for 2012-13 batch Candidates applying to LIBA will be short-listed on the basis of their XAT and CAT scores. Short-listed candidates are then called for a Group Discussion and a Personal Interview for final selection at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
Management Development Centre
LIBA's Management Development Centre designs, develops and conducts customized programmes to suit industry needs. The focus is on creating skill-development programmes that equip managers with the required expertise.
Long Term Executive Programmes
These programmes, designed in collaboration with corporates are industry-supported in their course content and design. They are conducted with an aim to equip corporates working in these areas with a deeper understanding of the management principle involved.
Short Term Executive Programmes
These programmes are meant for executives who have no knowledge of different management verticals.
Management Development Programmes
These programmes meet the needs of mid-career executives who wish to equip themselves for senior management position
LIBA has strategic partnerships with various firms that offer faculty and students opportunities to work on real-time projects.
Centres of Excellence
- Centre for Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Centre for Supply Chain Management
- Centre for Retail Management
- Centre for Entrepreneurial Excellence
- Centre for Behavioural Science
- Prof. C.K. Prahalad Centre for Emerging India
LIBA has collaborations, through MoUs with renowned business schools in the United States, Europe, Australia, China and South America. Based on mutual recognition, these associations provide opportunities for curriculum revision, student exchange, faculty exchange and jointly conducted research.
- Saint Joseph's University, Philadelphia, USA
- Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Occidente (ITESO), Mexico
- Bordeaux School of Management, France
- IESEG School of Management, France
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC), Milan, Italy
- University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- University of Dayton, Ohio, USA
- The Washington Centre for Internships and Academic Seminars, USA
- Universitas Sanata Dharma, Indonesia
- Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- ICHEC Brussels Management School, Belgium
- Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (KU), Germany
- Beijing Dongfang University, China
- University of Bath, UK
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Zhengzhou University, China
- University of São Paulo, Brazil
Student Committees and Clubs
- 360 Degrees - The Student affairs Committee
- Media and Communications Committee - The PR and Media Relations Committee
- The Placements Committee
- LIBA Premier League - Talent Meets Managers
- Beyond Management - The Guest Lectures/Industry-Institute Interaction Committee
- The Alumni Committee
- E-Cell - This cell encourages and promotes entrepreneurship among students
- MARK-IT (Marketing Club of LIBA)
- FINESSE (Finance Club of LIBA)
- HR – Le Vox Populi (HR Club of LIBA)
- ARISTA (Operations Club of LIBA)
- MindWorks(The Quiz Club of LIBA)
- LIBA RADIUS(The Social Service Club of LIBA)
- REACT(The Real Estate Club of LIBA)
- CENTERSTAGE (The Performing arts club) : Launched by Ms. Anita Ratnam
- LIBA Soccer Team (Newly formed has just played its first match and Won)
- LIBA Basketball Team
Annual National Management Symposium organized by Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai. This is an event organized by LIBA Chennai every year
ESPIRE is an annual Business plan competition organized by the Entrepreneurship Cell of LIBA. The Contest is open to business ideas that involve or leverage technology in any sphere of human activity. The entries are evaluated by a team of Jurors that will include Entrepreneurs, VCs, Industry Captains and members of the Academia.
Mother Teresa Award
Under the auspices of the Centre for Business Ethics and Corporate Governance, the Mother Teresa Award for Corporate Citizenship, instituted in 1998, is presented every year to a company that has shown exemplary commitment to the ideal of being a responsible corporate.
The Mother Teresa Award for Corporate Citizenship 2008 was awarded to the Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL). The award and citation were presented to Mr. K. K. Acharya, Managing Director, CPCL by the distinguished Prof. C. K. Prahalad (Paul and Ruth McCracken Professor of Strategy, Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, USA), an alumnus of Loyola College.
Past winners of the Mother Teresa award for Corporate Citizenship include NTPC, Polaris, Tata Sons, Titan Industries, Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers, Indian Oil Corporation, TVS Motor Company and Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals.
‘LIBARATED’ is LIBA's annual intra-colligiate cultural fest
LIBA-Chrysalis is the annual national management festival conducted by the students of LIBA.Students of Management Schools from different parts of the country participate in the various events organized as a part of LIBA-Chrysalis.
Exquizite is Chrysalis’s annual corporate business quiz, hosted by Derek O Brien. 237 teams participated in 2009.
- India Today (October 12, 2009) and Business Today (October 18, 2009)
- "C.K. Prahalad Centre to focus on entrepreneurship". Business Line. 6 August 2011. Retrieved 18 January 2013.