LuAnn de Lesseps
|LuAnn de Lesseps|
de Lesseps, pictured in 2011.
May 17, 1965
Berlin, Connecticut, U.S.
|Television||The Real Housewives of New York City|
|Spouse(s)||Alexandre de Lesseps (m. 1993–2009)|
LuAnn de Lesseps (née Nadeau; born May 17, 1965) is an American television personality, model, author, and singer. In 1993, she married French entrepreneur Alexandre de Lesseps, although they divorced in 2009. In 2008, de Lesseps came to prominence after being cast in the reality television series The Real Housewives of New York City, which documents the lives of several women residing in New York City.
She was born LuAnn Nadeau in the small town of Berlin, Connecticut, where she grew up with her six siblings, and where her father owned a construction company. She has said her father is of Algonquin and French descent and that her mother is French Canadian. In the last episode of RHONY set in Morocco (Season 4, episode 10, "Last Call, Morocco!", airdate June 9, 2011), de Lesseps shared that she had captained her high school varsity softball team.
She was one of the main cast members on Bravo's reality series, The Real Housewives of New York City until Season 6, airing March 11, 2014. She will be a "friend" of the housewives starting in episode three. She will not be on the first three episodes. A contract dispute is the apparent cause of LuAnn's limited involvement on the show Season 6.
De Lesseps wrote a book, Class with the Countess: How to Live with Elegance and Flair (published by Gotham Books) released April 16, 2009, and released her first record, "Money Can't Buy You Class" (through Ultra Records), on May 25, 2010. She released her second single, "Chic, C'est La Vie" in June 2011.
In 1993, she married Alexandre de Lesseps, becoming his fourth wife. Together, they have two children, Victoria and Noel. They divorced in 2009 after his alleged affair with Ethiopian Princess Kemeria Abajobir Abajifar.
- La Ferla, Ruth (April 16, 2009). "TV Royalty, but No Longer a Housewife". The New York Times. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- Eaton, Phoebe (July 1, 2008). "Ramona Singer on the Real Housewives of New York City". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- "Keeping up With New York's 'Real Housewives'". Zap2it.com. March 4, 2008. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- "Class With The Countess: About". ClassWithTheCountess.com. Archived from the original on March 18, 2009. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- "Class With The Countess". LuAnnDeLesseps.com. Archived from the original on March 6, 2012. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- Eaton, Phoebe (July 1, 2008). "Countess LuAnn de Lesseps for Ford Models". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved May 2, 2009.
- DeLeon, Kris (February 27, 2008). "The Real Housewives of New York City: LuAnn de Lesseps Talks About being a Countess". BuddyTV.com. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- Countess Luann deLesseps (April 16, 2009). Class with the Countess: How to Live with Elegance and Flair. Gotham Books. ISBN 978-1592404681.
- Zimmerman, Edith (May 14, 2010). "Countess LuAnn Debuts Second Dance Single, ‘Chic, C’est la Vie’". New York. Retrieved August 1, 2011.