LuAnn de Lesseps
Countess de Lesseps
Countess de Lesseps in 2011
May 17, 1965 (age 48)
Berlin, Connecticut, U.S.
|Other names||"The Countess"
|Occupation||Model, TV personality, author, former nurse, singer|
|Spouse(s)||Alexandre de Lesseps
LuAnn de Lesseps (born LuAnn Nadeau on May 17, 1965), also known as Countess LuAnn or The Countess, is an American television personality, recording artist, and former fashion model best known for her appearances on the Bravo show The Real Housewives of New York City. Her courtesy title comes from her previous marriage to French nobleman Count Alexandre de Lesseps, a descendant of Ferdinand de Lesseps, the architect of the Suez Canal.
She was born LuAnn Nadeau and grew up with six siblings in the small town of Berlin, Connecticut, where her father owned a construction company. She has said her father is of Algonquian and French descent and that her mother is French Canadian. In the last episode of RHONY set in Morocco (Season 4, episode 10, "Last Call, Morocco!", airdate June 9, 2011), the Countess shared that she had captained her high school varsity softball team.
She is one of the main cast members on Bravo's reality series, The Real Housewives of New York City. Lesseps wrote a book, Class with the Countess: How to Live with Elegance and Flair (published by Gotham Books) released April 16, 2009, and released her first record, "Money Can't Buy You Class" (through Ultra Records), on May 25, 2010. She released her second single, "Chic, C'est La Vie" in June 2011.
- La Ferla, Ruth (April 16, 2009). "TV Royalty, but No Longer a Housewife". The New York Times. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- Eaton, Phoebe (July 1, 2008). "Ramona Singer on the Real Housewives of New York City". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- "Keeping up With New York's 'Real Housewives'". Zap2it.com. March 4, 2008. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- "Class With The Countess: About". ClassWithTheCountess.com. Archived from the original on March 18, 2009. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- "Class With The Countess". LuAnnDeLesseps.com. Archived from the original on March 6, 2012. Retrieved March 25, 2011.
- Eaton, Phoebe (July 1, 2008). "Countess LuAnn de Lesseps for Ford Models". Harper's Bazaar. Retrieved May 2, 2009.
- DeLeon, Kris (February 27, 2008). "The Real Housewives of New York City: LuAnn de Lesseps Talks About being a Countess". BuddyTV.com. Retrieved April 27, 2009.
- Countess Luann deLesseps (April 16, 2009). Class with the Countess: How to Live with Elegance and Flair. Gotham Books. ISBN 978-1592404681.
- Zimmerman, Edith (May 14, 2010). "Countess LuAnn Debuts Second Dance Single, ‘Chic, C’est la Vie’". New York. Retrieved August 1, 2011.