Lubaga Division is one of the divisions that makes up the city of Kampala, Uganda. The division takes its name from Lubaga, where the division headquarters are located. The city's five divisions are: (a) Kampala Central Division (b) Kawempe Division (c) Lubaga Division (d) Makindye Division and (e) Nakawa Division.
Lubaga Division lies in the western part of the city, bordering Wakiso District to the west and south of the division. The eastern boundary of the division is Kampala Central Division. Kawempe Division lies to the north of Lubaga Division. The coordinates of the division are:00 18N, 32 33E (Latitude:0.3029; Longitude:32.5529). Neighborhoods in the division include Mutundwe, Nateete, Ndeeba, Lungujja, Busega, Lubaga, Mengo, Namungoona, Lubya, Lugala, Bukesa, Namirembe, Naakulabye, Kasubi and Kawaala.
Points of interest
The following points of interest are located in Lubaga Division:
- Saint Mary's Cathedral Rubaga
- Residence of the Cardinal of Kampala
- Residence of the Archbishop of Kampala Archdiocese
- Lubaga Hospital - A 300-bed community hospital administered by the Catholic Archdiocese of Kampala
- Lubaga Nurses School
- Lubaga Miracle Center - A Pentecostal Congregation Church
- Pope Paul VI Memorial Community Center
- Headquarters of Lubaga Division
- Mengo Palace - The Lubiri is located in Lubaga Division
- Bulange - Houses the Buganda Parliament and offices of the Kabaka of Buganda
- Masengere Plaza - An office and shopping complex, adjacent to the Bulange building, owned by the Buganda government. In development.