Lubao Institute or LI is located in San Nicolas 1st, Lubao, Pampanga. Established in February 1929, it is the first and oldest private school in Lubao.
Founded in February 1929 by the late Engr. Justo S. Arastia, Dr. Faustino F. Turla, Dr. Jose Punsalang, Mr. Benigno R. Fajardo, Ms. Germogena Vitug and Mr. Nicasio Vitug, offered in 1929-1930 the 1st 2 classes of 1st and 2nd years at the Ibarra residence in Bo. San Nicolas 1st. Erected semi-permanently at the Cosiongco-Si lot from June 1930 to December 1941.
Stripped of its building by the colonizer-preachers of the Asian co-prosperity sphere and World War II looters from 1942 to 1944, sought refuge at the St. Augustine Parish Convent from 1945 to 1950.
Relocated at its permanent site in 1950 through the efforts of the late Mr. Jeremias A. Garcia, expanded through the initiative and dedication of Mrs. Maria T. Garcia and the present administration.
February 18-22, 2014, marked the 85th Founding Anniversary of the school dubbed as BLAST FROM THE PAST.
VISION - By providing a stimulating student-centered environment that encourages academic excellence, social and moral responsibility, envision its students empowered with adequate knowledge, skills and values to become responsible and effective citizens of the country.
MISSION - LI as an educational institution committed to provide quality education and values formation which will mold students into becoming useful and valuable agents of the society towards nation building.
- Amelita G. Tolentino - associate justice of court of appeals. She was the one who handled, tried, and decided the celebrated Vizconde Massacre Case, which was dubbed and described by the media as the Crime of the Century.
- Arwind Santos - Is a Filipino professional basketball player in the Philippine Basketball Association currently playing for the Petron Blaze Boosters. .Santos played for Lubao Institute during his high school career. In 2000, he became well known during zonal competitions because of his hardwork on the basketball court. He was then included in the line up of RQP(Rodolfo Q. Pineda) Team, a local ball club in Lubao under the supervision of Delta Pineda who is also a supporter of San Sebastian College-Recoletos Stags and the one responsible of landing the Pinatubo Trio composed of Calvin Abueva, Ronald Pascual and Ian Sangalang in the NCAA. Dennis 'Delta' Pineda helped Arwind in college and land him a spot in the FEU Tamaraws Men's basketball Team.
- Gonzalo Tungul- Lubao Municipal Councilor.
- Ian Sangalang- Basketball Player currently playing in the PBA with the San Mig Coffee Mixers
- Jaime de la Rosa- Jaime de la Rosa (September 18, 1921 - December 2, 1992) was a Filipino pre-war and postwar actor better known as Jimmy in Philippine showbiz.e is the younger brother of Rogelio dela Rosa and became one of LVN Pictures's bankable star. He was married to Beatriz S. Dela Rosa (December 5, 1922-September 18, 2000). He has Spanish and Chinese ancestry.
- John Dexter Maiquez-Dexter Maiquez is the Stags’ primary backup power forward. He made the most of the little time he gets as Calvin Abueva’s alternate, hauling down 4.1 rebounds in 13 minutes last season. The fourth-year veteran is again entrusted to do the dirty work down low for the Stags this year.