||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
Luc-Marie Chatel (French: [lyk.ma.ʁi ʃa.tɛl]) is a French politician born on August 15, 1964 in Bethesda, Maryland, USA. He was Minister of National Education from June 2009 to May 2012, overseeing a difficult transition in the conditions under which new secondary teachers begin their careers. This change of policy was inherited from the previous minister Xavier Darcos.
He previously was the Secretary of State (junior minister) for Consumer Affairs and Tourism from June 2007 to March 2008, and additionally Government’s Spokesman from June 2009 until November 2010.
- Minister of National Education, Youth and Voluntary : 2010-2012.
- Minister of National Education, government's spokesman : 2009-2010.
- Secretary of State for Industry and Consumer Affairs, government's spokesman : 2008-2009.
- Secretary of State for Consumer Affairs and Tourism : 2007-2008.
National Assembly of France
- Member of the National Assembly of France for Haute-Marne (1st constituency) : 2002-2007 (Became Secretary of State in 2007). Elected in 2002, reelected in 2007.
- Vice-president of the Regional Council of Champagne-Ardenne : 1998-2004.
- Regional councillor of Champagne-Ardenne : 1998-2010. Reelected in 2004.
- Mayor of Chaumont, Haute-Marne : Since 2008.
- Municipal councillor of Chaumont, Haute-Marne : 1996-2002 (Resignation). Since 2008. Reelected in 2001, 2008.
- Municipal councillor of Bayard-sur-Marne : 1993-1995.
Community of Communes Council
- President of the Communes Community of the Pays chaumontais : Since 2008.
- Member of the Communes Community of the Pays chaumontais : Since 2008.
- Spokesman of the Union for a Popular Movement : 2002-2007.
- "Malgré la prise d'otages, le ministre de l'Éducation Luc Chatel ne veut pas "d'école-bunker", actualité Société : Le Point". Le Point (in French). 14 December 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
|This article about a Union for a Popular Movement of France politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|