Luc-Marie Constant Gnacadja is a Beninese politician and architect. Under President Mathieu Kérékou, he was Minister of the Environment, Housing, and Urban Planning from June 1999 to February 2005. Gnacadja was the candidate of the Envol movement in the March 2006 presidential election, receiving 11th place and 0.68% of the vote.
In September 2007, Gnacadja was appointed as Executive Secretary of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon, after he was endorsed by the Bureau of the Conference of the Parties of the UNCCD. In applying for the position, Gnacadja was said to have been backed by Beninese President Yayi Boni. Gnacadja's second term concluded at the end of September 2013.
- Page on 2006 presidential candidates, BBC Afrique (French).
- Page on 2006 presidential candidates, sonangnon.net (French).
- Elections in Benin, African Elections Database.
- "Secretary-General appoints Luc Gnacadja of Benin Executive Secretary of United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification", UN.org, SG/A/1092, September 11, 2007.
- "Beninese named UN Desertification Convention chief", African Press Agency, September 5, 2007.
|This article about a Beninese politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|