|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
|Date of birth||13 March 1969|
|Place of birth||Bologna, Italy|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Goalkeeper (retired)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 April 2009.
† Appearances (Goals).
After a few years in the third and second levels, Bucci made his Serie A debut playing for Parma F.C., in a league match against Udinese Calcio on 29 August 1993. At Parma, however, Bucci was soon overtaken by 17-year-old Primavera keeper Gianluigi Buffon, and he then decided to leave the team in order to play more regularly.
After playing six months for Perugia Calcio, Bucci joined second division's Torino F.C. in 1997, remaining with the granata for six seasons, when his contract expired. He then decided to join Empoli F.C.. However, he only managed to play in half of the games, as the club were eventually relegated, with Bucci leaving at the season's end.
After six months of inactivity, Bucci moved back to Parma in January 2005 to replace Gianluca Berti who left for Torino F.C., initially as a reserve goalkeeper. He was the first choice after the left of Sébastien Frey, ahead Cristiano Lupatelli and Matteo Guardalben in 2005–06 season, Alfonso De Lucia and Fabio Virgili in 2006–07 season, Nicola Pavarini and Radek Petr in 2007–08 season. After Parma relegated, he was released.
He left Parma in June 2008 as a free agent and, after another seven months without football, he joined S.S.C. Napoli, following an injury crisis that hit the club. He made his debut with Napoli on 19 April, in a 2–0 away loss to Cagliari, becoming the fifth goalkeeper to be used by the azzurri in the 2008–09 season (the other four being Gennaro Iezzo, Nicolás Navarro, Matteo Gianello and Luigi Sepe).
- "Bucci answers Parma call". UEFA.com. 20 January 2005. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Luca Bucci si allenerà a Castelvolturno col Napoli" [Luca Bucci to train at Castelvolturno with Napoli] (in Italian). SSC Napoli. 5 February 2009. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Cagliari spettacolo, Jeda-Lazzari e il Napoli è ko" (in Italian). Datasport. 19 April 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Napoli, è l' ora del quinto portiere E il "vecchio" Bucci si emoziona" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 19 April 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Settore Giovanile Organigramma". Parma FC (in Italian). Retrieved 7 July 2010.