|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010)|
Luca Bucci with Parma in 1994
|Date of birth||13 March 1969|
|Place of birth||Bologna, Italy|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Goalkeeper (retired)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 April 2009.
† Appearances (Goals).
Luca Bucci (born 13 March 1969 in Bologna) is a retired Italian football goalkeeper. He was a unused member of the Italy national football team that reached the 1994 FIFA World Cup Final and was also a reserve goalkeeper for Italy at UEFA Euro 1996.
After a few years in the third and second levels (winning the 1992-93 Serie B title with AC Reggiana), Bucci made his Serie A debut playing for Parma F.C., in a league match against Udinese Calcio on 29 August 1993. He soon achieved prominence during a particularly successful stint with the club, winning an UEFA Supercup in 1993, and an UEFA Cup in 1995; he also received runners-up medals in the Coppa Italia, in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, and in Serie A with the club. At Parma, however, Bucci was soon overtaken by the emergence of 17-year-old Primavera keeper Gianluigi Buffon during the 1996-97 season, which moved Bucci to leave the team in order to play more regularly.
After playing six months for Perugia Calcio, Bucci joined second division's Torino F.C. in 1997, later gaining promotion to Serie A throughout his time with the Turin club after winning the 2000-01 Serie B title with the club, and remaining with the granata for six seasons, until his contract expired. He then decided to join Empoli F.C.. However, he only managed to play in half of the games, as the club were eventually relegated, with Bucci leaving at the season's end.
After six months of inactivity, Bucci moved back to Parma in January 2005 to replace Gianluca Berti who left for Torino F.C., initially as a reserve goalkeeper. He was the first choice after Sébastien Frey left, ahead Cristiano Lupatelli and Matteo Guardalben in 2005–06 season, Alfonso De Lucia and Fabio Virgili in 2006–07 season, Nicola Pavarini and Radek Petr in 2007–08 season. After Parma relegated, he was released.
He left Parma in June 2008 as a free agent and, after another seven months without football, he joined S.S.C. Napoli, following an injury crisis that hit the club. He made his debut with Napoli on 19 April, in a 2–0 away loss to Cagliari, becoming the fifth goalkeeper to be used by the azzurri in the 2008–09 season (the other four being Gennaro Iezzo, Nicolás Navarro, Matteo Gianello and Luigi Sepe).
Uncapped, Bucci was called by Italy manager Arrigo Sacchi as Italy's third goalkeeper for the 1994 FIFA World Cup in the United States, behind Gianluca Pagliuca and Luca Marchegiani, making no appearances. Italy finished the tournament in second place, after losing on penalties in the final against Brazil. He would make his full debut on 21 December of that year, appearing in a 3–1 friendly win over Turkey. He was also a back-up goalkeeper for Italy at UEFA Euro 1996. In total, Bucci made three senior appearances for Italy between 1994 and 1996.
- UEFA Cup: 1994-95
- UEFA Supercup: 1993
- Coppa Italia: Runner-up 1995
- Supercoppa Italiana: Runner-up 1995
- UEFA Cup Winners' Cup: Runner-up 1993-94
- Serie A: Runner-up 1996-97
- "Luca Bucci". National Football teams. Retrieved 2015-04-23.
- Luca Momblano. "Luca Bucci e il numero 5 sulle spalle: una storia nera". Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- Benedetto Ferrara (17 June 2009). "Bucci si sfila i guanti Se non ci fosse stato Buffon..." (in Italian). La Repubblica. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- "Bucci answers Parma call". UEFA.com. 20 January 2005. Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Luca Bucci si allenerà a Castelvolturno col Napoli" [Luca Bucci to train at Castelvolturno with Napoli] (in Italian). SSC Napoli. 5 February 2009. Retrieved 5 February 2009.
- "Cagliari spettacolo, Jeda-Lazzari e il Napoli è ko" (in Italian). Datasport. 19 April 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Napoli, è l' ora del quinto portiere E il "vecchio" Bucci si emoziona" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 19 April 2009. Retrieved 30 April 2009.
- "Settore Giovanile Organigramma". Parma FC (in Italian). Retrieved 7 July 2010.
- "Nazionale in cifre: Bucci, Luca". http://www.figc.it (in Italian). FIGC. Retrieved 22 April 2015.