Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport
|Team Principal||Lucas Dumbrell|
|Race Drivers||3.Tim Blanchard
|Chassis||Holden VF Commodore|
|2014 position||14th (1,560 points)|
Lucas Dumbrell comes from a strong motorsporting family, both his father Garry and his brother Paul raced in open wheel and touring car racing. Garry had also owned Gibson Motorsport in 2000. Lucas was making his own way through the junior ranks of Australian motorsport when a racing accident at Oran Park Raceway in his Formula Ford racing car left Dumbrell a quadraplegic.
Dumbrell refocussed his career ambitions and began developing a V8 Supercar team to race in the 2010 season. At the end of 2009 a Racing Entitlement Contract (REC) was purchased from Tasman Motorsport, and a Holden VE Commodore was sourced from Walkinshaw Racing. Daniel Gaunt was signed to drive for the team.
In the lead up to the 2010 Sucrogen Townsville 400, it was announced that Gaunt had left the team and been replaced in the short term by Cameron McConville. With McConville unavailable for the endurance race season the team also announced Nathan Pretty and Mark Noske as the team's drivers for the Phillip Island and Bathurst endurance races, having previously announced Scott Pruett as their international driver for the Gold Coast 600. After the Gold Coast 600, it was announced Warren Luff would drive full-time for the rest of the 2010 season and 2011.
For 2012, Luff left the team and was replaced by Taz Douglas. The team purchased a Triple Eight built Holden VE Commodore from Paul Morris Motorsport. Scott Pye joined the team for the endurance races.
In 2013, the team expanded to two cars, with two new VF Commmodores built by Triple Eight, driven by Dean Fiore and Scott Pye. To race the second car, a REC was purchased from Paul Morris Motorsport.
- McKay, Peter (2008-12-15). "Spring Gas Racing calls it quits". Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- "Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport grabs Gaunt". SpeedCafe.com.au. 2009-12-21. Retrieved 2009-12-28.
- Luff aiming to be best one car v8 team SpeedCafe.com.au 2010-11-01. Retrieved 2010-11-02
- "Marino Franchitti scores V8 debut with Luff". SpeedCafe. 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "Warren Luff quits Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport". SpeedCafe. 21 November 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "LDM confirms purchase of Triple Eight Holden". Speedcafe.com. 24 January 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2012.
- "Scott Pye confirmed at LDM for Endurance Races". Speedcafe. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "First pics: Scott Pye reveals livery, new sponsor". Speedcafe. 27 Feb 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Dean Fiore secures Dodo sponsorship for 2013". Speedcafe. 27 Feb 2013. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Russell Ingall joins Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport V8 Supercars 4 February 2014
- "V8 Supercars confirms 25 car grid for 2014". Speedcafe. 5 February 2014. Retrieved 6 April 2014.
- "Nick Percat handed V8 Supercars lifeline". Speedcafe. 24 December 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "LDM confirms Tim Blanchard for second car". Speedcafe. 27 January 2015. Retrieved 27 January 2015.