|Birth name||Lilia Silveira|
July 30, 1979 |
Tommy Boy Entertainment
|Associated acts||David Bowie|
Silveira was born Lilia Silveira in Canada to a musical Portuguese-Canadian family. He lived from the age of four to the age of ten on Pico Island. At age ten, his family moved back to the suburbs of Toronto.
According to Silveira, at the age of about 3, "I knew exactly who I was ..., which sucked, not having words for it and being told I was something else." He knew he was a boy and asked his mother to buy him a penis like his brothers. He suppressed his feelings about his identity. The first time he heard about transgender people was on Geraldo Rivera when he was about 14 or 15. He subsequently decided to come out and live as a lesbian.
In 2010 he began hormone replacement therapy.
Silveira founded The Cliks in 2004.
- Rayner, Ben (2007-05-24). "A band that Cliks". The Toronto Star. Retrieved 2007-06-13.
- Montagne, Renee (2007-08-28). "Cliks Lead Singer Adds to Notoriety". National Public Radio. Retrieved 2007-08-28.
- Lucas Silveira. Phinli. Retrieved on 2013-07-19.
- Rockin' Out Interview: The Cliks' Lucas Silveira. Spinner (2007-06-11). Retrieved on 2013-07-19.
- TAP Exclusive Interview: The Cliks’s Lucas Silveira. The Audio Perv (2010-09-05). Retrieved on 2013-07-19.
- Sick Of Sarah + Hunter Valentine + Curtis Peoples + Lucas Silveira – Vienna, VA Patch. Vienna.patch.com (2011-02-26). Retrieved on 2013-07-19.