Lucerne is an unincorporated community in Harrison Township, Cass County, Indiana.
Lucerne was platted in 1883 when the railroad was extended to that point. It was probably named after Lucerne, in Switzerland. The Lucerne post office was established in 1891.
Lucerne is located at 40°51′59″N 86°24′12″W / 40.86639°N 86.40333°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Lucerne, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ Powell, Jehu Z. (1913). History of Cass County Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 588.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 204. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3. "...apparently for the lake or city in Switzerland."
- ^ "Cass County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 29 August 2014.