|Elevation||354 ft (108 m)|
Lucia is an unincorporated community in Monterey County, California. It is located 1 mile (1.6 km) east of Lopez Point, at an elevation of 354 feet (108 m). Lucia is one of the three small settlements of restaurants, and motels located along State Route 1 on the Big Sur coast. The ZIP Code is 93920, but mail sent to Lucia must be addressed "Big Sur", and the community is inside area code 831.
A post office operated at Lucia from 1900 to 1933, moving in 1906, and from 1936 to 1938. The name honors Lucia Dani, its first postmaster. The movie Zandy's Bride is loosely based on the Harlan clan that still operates the facilities.
At the county level, Lucia is represented on the Monterey County Board of Supervisors by Supervisor Dave Potter . In the California State Assembly, Lucia is represented by Bill Monning as part of the 27th Assembly district. In the State Senate, Lucia is represented by Sam Blakeslee as part of the 15th State Senate district. In the U.S. House of Representatives, Lucia is part of California's 17th congressional district, represented by Sam Farr.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Lucia, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 921. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- USPS ZIP Code lookup tool
- "Monterey County Supervisorial District 5 Map (North District 5)". County of Monterey. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Bill Monning - Biography". Bill Monning, California State Assemblyman, 27th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "District Map". Sam Blakeslee, California State Senator, 15th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "The 17th District: About the 17th District of California". Sam Farr, United States Congressman, California's 17th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
|This Monterey County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|