Pedraza at the 2007 Tribeca Film Festival
January 5, 1972 |
|Alma mater||University of Buenos Aires|
|Spouse(s)||Robert Duvall (2005-present)|
Luciana Duvall, née Luciana Pedraza (Spanish pronunciation: [lusiˈana peˈðɾasa]; born January 5, 1972), is an Argentine actress and director. She is married to American fellow actor Robert Duvall, and is the granddaughter of Argentine aviation pioneer Susana Ferrari Billinghurst.
She was the oldest of five girls. After graduating from the University of Buenos Aires with an MBA and minor in English she became the marketing director of W. & Associates. In 1996, while strolling down the street, she approached Duvall to invite him to a party without knowing who he was. They share the same birthday 41 years apart.
Pedraza wrote and directed the short documentary Portrait of Billy Joe (2004) and had an important role in the 2002 film Assassination Tango which was written, produced, directed by, and starring her future husband Robert Duvall.
Duvall and Pedraza have been active supporters of Pro Mujer, a non-profit charity organization dedicated to helping Latin America's poorest women (with Duvall and Pedraza concentrating on Pedraza's home of northern Argentina) help themselves through micro-credit, business training and health care links.
- "The Director". portraitofbillyjoe.com. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Combustible Celluloid interview - Robert Duvall, Assassination Tango (2003)". Combustiblecelluloid.com. 2003-03-31. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- "Life, Death, and Dance: Luciana and Robert Duvall come to Texas to Talk 'Assassination Tango' Austin Screens". AustinChronicle.com. Retrieved 2010-07-25.
- Parera, Josep (January 17, 2010), The Latin side of Robert Duvall, New York Today
- CNN Heroes: Duvall shines spotlight on cause, Cable News Network and CNN.com, October 4, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Luciana Pedraza.|
|This article about an actor or actress from Argentina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|