Luciana Sbarbati (born 10 May 1946 in Rome) is an Italian politician and Member of the European Parliament for Central with the Movimento Repubblicani Europei, Member of the Bureau of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs and its Committee on Petitions.
She is a substitute for the Committee on Budgets and a member of the Delegation to the EU-Romania Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- 1969-1974: University lecturer
- 1982-1992: Head teacher
- Member of national executive of the PRI
- since 2001: National Secretary of the 'European Republicans'
- 1992-2001: Member of the Chamber of Deputies of Italy
- Secretary and chairman of the PRI Group
- vice-chairman of the committee on culture
- vice-chairman of the Mixed Group
- Member of the Bureau of the Chamber
- since 1999: Member of the European Parliament
- Official responsible for the committee on social affairs of Cedefop
- Author of the following publications
- Handicap e integrazione scolastica (20 anni di esperienze)
- Il messaggio morale e educativo di Antoine de Saint Exupéry
- Adolescenti incontro alla vita
- L'Europa e la sfida dei nuovi diritti di cittadinanza'
See also: European Parliament election, 2004 (Italy)