|Luciano Daniel Castro|
March 16, 1975 |
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Herederos de una venganza
Luciano Castro (Spanish pronunciation: [lusiˈano ˈkastro]; born on March 16, 1975) is an Argentine actor. He began his work in television in Jugate Conmigo, when he was aged 18. He continued his acting career, and worked as the lead actor in several successful telenovelas, such as Valientes, Herederos de una venganza and Sos mi hombre.
Luciano Castro first worked in television in the game show Jugate Conmigo, in the sketches and games, and singing songs like "Bella" and "Mía". He was initially known simply as "Luciano". He won the golden "Jugate Conmigo" award in the program.
He was the lead actor of the 2007 telenovela Lalola, along with Carla Peterson. He received the Martín Fierro Award to the best actor, and the telenovela got the majority of awards, including the golden one. He considers that his work in Lalola was crucial to keep working as an actor. The next year he was the lead actor of Amanda O, along with Natalia Oreiro. This telenovela was made for internet, and summaries of it were aired weekly on television.
Luciano Castro, Mariano Martínez and Gonzalo Heredia were the lead actors of the 2009 telenovela Valientes, that became the most successful telenovela of Pol-ka with an average of 27,3 rating points. Initially, Castro did not like the idea, but producer Adrián Suar convinced him to work in the telenovela. The format of three lead actors and three lead actress (Julieta Díaz, Eleonora Wexler and Marcela Kloosterboer) was similar to the one used in the Colombian Pasión De Gavilanes.
Lobo, a 2012 telenovela starred by Gonzalo Heredia, was cancelled after a short time because of its low ratings. Luciano Castro was called to make a new telenovela to replace it, Sos mi hombre. He was reluctant to do that, as he is a friend of Heredia and had other projects, but his contract gave priority to the works with Pol-Ka. Married with the actress Sabrina Rojas, their son was born by the time he finished working in Sos mi hombre.
- Jugate Conmigo (1993)
- ¡Hola Papi! (1995)
- Montaña rusa, otra vuelta (1995)
- Chiquititas (1995)
- Como pan caliente (1996)
- Rodolfo Rojas DT (1997)
- Desesperadas por el aire (1998)
- Campeones de la vida (1999)
- Campeones de la vida 2 (2000)
- PH (2001)
- Son Amores (2002)
- Durmiendo con mi jefe (2003)
- Los Roldán (2004)
- Los Roldán 2 (2005)
- El tiempo no para (2006)
- Lalola (2007–2008)
- Amanda O (2008)
- Valientes (2009)
- Ciega a citas (2010)
- Lo que el tiempo nos dejó (2010)
- Malparida (2010)
- Herederos de una venganza (2011)
- Sos mi hombre (2012–2013)
- Jugate Conmigo (1994)
- Lo de la Susy (2002)
- Lo que habló el pescado (2004)
- Rita, la salvaje (2005)
- Hipólito y Fedra (2005)
- Jack se fue a remar (2008)
- Valientes (2009–2010)
- Camino negro (2011–2012)
- "Luciano Castro: de ídolo teen a galán reo" [Luciano Castro: from teen idol to prisoner gentleman]. La Nación (in Spanish). July 13, 2013. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Lalola arrasó en los Martín Fierro y se llevó el Oro" [Lalola prevailed in the Martín Fierro and took the Gold]. La Nación (in Spanish). Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- Micaela Levitt (July 14, 2012). "Luciano Castro, polémico: "Nunca me van a ver en Palermo-Gólico"" [Luciano Castro, controversial: "You'll never see me in xxx-Palermo"]. Ciudad.com (in Spanish). Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Amanda O, una novela con Natalia Oreiro y Luciano Castro que se verá por Internet" [Amanda O, a novel with Natalia Oreiro and Luciano Castro that will be seen in internet]. La Capital (in Spanish). September 1, 2008. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Valientes, la tira más vista de Pol-Ka" [Valientes the most seen production of Pol-Ka]. Television.com.ar (in Spanish). Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- Gaspar Zimerman (November 25, 2010). "En la ruta del amor" [In the road of love]. Clarín (in Spanish). Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Llega "Valientes", la primer apuesta fuerte del 13" ["Valientes" is coming, the big bet of El Trece]. La Prensa (in Spanish). Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Dos listos para pelearla" [Two ready to fight]. Clarín (in Spanish). April 12, 2012. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Luciano Castro confiesa: "No quiero que mi hijo sea un hijo del espectáculo"" [Luciano Castro confesses: "I don't want my son to be a son of the show business"]. Minuto Uno (in Spanish). March 11, 2013. Retrieved July 20, 2013.