|License||Free & Paid Subscriptions|
In December 2008, Lucid Software Inc., a startup based in Salt Lake City, Utah, first announced its Lucidchart visual collaboration platform as a public beta version. The current major revision of Lucidchart was released on 31 July 2010.
"Lucidchart is a graphically-rich web application that makes working on a diagram with your entire team a simple matter. The tool is effectively an online alternative to Microsoft Visio."
In April 2010, Lucidchart became available in the Google Apps Marketplace. In December 2010, Lucidchart was included as a featured application in the launch of the Chrome Web Store, where it became the top paid application.
In summer 2013, Lucid released its Chrome Packaged App to the Chrome Web Store, which allowed users to work offline and sync their documents.
LucidChart also received the Start2Cloud Editor's Choice award.
In addition to working on major operating systems like Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, Lucidchart is also functional on the iPad through the Safari browser. On the iPad, Lucidchart allows users to touch-draw shapes which are automatically converted to standard symbols.
In 2011, Lucidchart became the first web-based application to offer compatibility with Microsoft Visio, the leading desktop application for diagramming.
In 2013, Lucidchart released a native iPad app.
- Purdy, Kevin (17 December 2008). "Lucidchart Makes Stripped-Down Flowcharts for Free". LifeHacker.
- Swain, Darrell (31 July 2010). "Lucidchart 2.0". Lucid Software Inc.
- Empson, Rip (26 July 2011). "Lucidchart Nabs $1 Million From 500 Startups, 2M Companies, And K9 Ventures". Techcrunch.
- Silverman, Matt (15 April 2011). "5 Simple Web Apps For Saving Time at Work". Mashable.
- Titlow, John Paul (13 May 2011). "Create Flow Charts and Wireframes Collaboratively With Lucidchart". ReadWriteWeb.
- Strohmeyer, Robert (14 June 2011). "Lucidchart Steps Up Online Business Diagrams". PC World.
- Bram, Thursday (1 October 2010). "Sharing Flowcharts and Diagrams With Lucidchart". GigaOM.
- Purdy, Kevin (15 April 2010). "Lucidchart and Creately Plug Flowchart Tools into Google Apps". LifeHacker.
- Lucidchart (8 December 2010). "Lucidchart’s Diagramming Application Featured in the New Google Chrome Web Store". BusinessWire.
- Start2Cloud (18 April 2014). "Start2Cloud Editors Choice, Spring 2014". Start2Cloud.
- Broida, Rick (18 December 2008). "Create and Share Flow Charts with Lucidchart". Bnet.
- Guay, Matthew (21 June 2011). "Lucidchart: Awesome Charting Got Even Better". AppStorm.
- Lucidchart - Diagrams done right at iTunes Preview