Lucius Cary, 15th Viscount Falkland
Background and education
Cary is the elder son of Lucius Cary, 14th Viscount Falkland and Constance Mary Berry. He was educated at Wellington College.
Cary succeeded his father in the viscountcy in 1984 and sat in the House of Lords with the Social Democratic Party, later joining the Liberal Democrats. He was elected to remain in the House of Lords as an office-holder following the removal of the majority of hereditary peers under the House of Lords Act 1999. In 2011 Falkland left the Liberal Democrats and now sits as a Crossbencher. He is a supporter of the British Humanist Association.
Lord Falkland was married in 1962 (divorced 1990) to Caroline Anne Butler, with whom he had four children:
- Lucius Alexander Plantagenet Cary, Master of Falkland (born 1963)
- Camilla Anne Cary (1965–1972)
- Hon. Samantha Camilla Cary (born 1973)
- Hon. Lucinda Mary Cary (born 1974)
He married again in 1990 to Nicole Falkland, with whom he has one child:
- Hon. Charles Byron Milburn Cary (born 1992)
- "House of Lords, Official Website - Viscount Falkland". Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Viscount of Falkland
|Peerage of Scotland|
Lucius Henry Charles Plantagenet Cary
|Viscount of Falkland
|This biography of a Scottish peer or noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|