DJ Luck & MC Neat
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (May 2011)|
|DJ Luck & MC Neat|
|Origin||London, United Kingdom|
|Associated acts||Baby Ray Productions|
DJ Luck & MC Neat are a British musical duo, composed of Joel Samuels (aka DJ Luck) and Michael Rose (aka MC Neat), mainly performing a combination of house music and UK garage. They had three consecutive Top 10 hits in the United Kingdom in 1999 and 2000.
They are primarily known for their 1999 single, "A Little Bit of Luck", which started as a promotional dubplate, released at the price of £5. The track peaked at #9 in the United Kingdom in January 2000. That same year, they released a cover of "Master Blaster (Jammin)" by Stevie Wonder, re-titled "Masterblaster 2000", which featured the vocals of JJ, who is on a number of Luck & Neat's songs. The track was their highest British chart entry, reaching #5 in June 2000. Their version of "Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now" reached #8 in October that year. The duo also made an appearance on Top of The Pops performing their UK #12 track, "Piano Loco".
After the initial three chart hits they enjoyed, the majority of their work, along with their debut album, was produced along with, or by, the underground musician Shy Cookie, who was responsible for the shift in their music from sample based to programmed (original) and live instruments, helping them to maintain underground credibility that in turn helped fuel their mainstream success.
By 2002, they were billed more simply as Luck & Neat.
- A Little Bit of Luck (2001)
- It's All Good (2002) - UK #34
- Kiss Garage Presented By DJ Luck & MC Neat (2000)
- DJ Luck & MC Neat Presents... (2000)
- DJ Luck & MC Neat Present... II (2001)
- DJ Luck & MC Neat Present... III (2001)
- "A Little Bit of Luck" (1999) - UK #9
- "Masterblaster 2000" (featuring JJ) (2000) - UK #5
- "Ain't No Stoppin' Us" (featuring JJ) (2000) - UK #8
- "Piano Loco" (2001) - UK #12
- "I'm All About You" (featuring Ari Gold) (2001) - UK #18
- "Irie" (2002) - UK #31
- "It's All About You" (2006)
- "DJ Luck Just Don't Give A F***" (2008)
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|