Lucky (Nada Surf album)
|Studio album by Nada Surf|
|Released||February 5, 2008|
|Recorded||March and August 2007 at the Robert Lang Studios, in Seattle|
|Nada Surf chronology|
|The Album Project||link|
Frontman Matthew Caws said, "I feel like it is a pretty heavy record, and that is a product of John Goodmanson, the guy who made it because even the songs that were even moderately rocking – now that they are mixed and mastered, they feel like they are really kickin’ even when they are relatively quiet, so that’s thanks to him. I think it is a little heavier than Let Go, but it’s not as heavy as The Proximity Effect."
In 2007, the band issued a statement asking for testimonies revolving around the word "Lucky", in order to include them to the album artwork.
The album was met with moderate success and favorable reviews. Lucky reached #82 on the Billboard 200. The single, "See These Bones", was listed by The Times as one of London's Best Songs of 2008, and described it as "2008's most overpoweringly propulsive and gloriously euphoric song".
The album was released on February 4, 2008 in Europe; February 5, 2008 in the US, Canada and Australia; and February 18, 2008 in the UK and Japan. The original pressing includes a 4-song bonus disc.
The song, "Weightless", was featured on the television show, Heroes, the song "See These Bones" was featured on the show, One Tree Hill (TV series), "The Fox" was featured on the show, The Riches, and the song "Beautiful Beat" was featured on the show, How I Met Your Mother.
- "See These Bones"
- "Whose Authority"
- "Beautiful Beat"
- "Here Goes Something"
- "Are You Lightning?"
- "I Like What You Say"
- "From Now On"
- "Ice on the Wing"
- "The Fox"
- "The Film Did Not Go 'Round" (Greg Peterson)
The release in France includes an additional track: "Je t'attendais".
Track listing for bonus disc
- "Whose Authority" (acoustic)
- "I Like What You Say" (acoustic)
- "I Wanna Take You Home"
- "Everyone's on Tour"
- Juliana Hatfield on "I Wanna Take You Home"
- John Roderick of The Long Winters on "Ice On The Wing"
- Sean Nelson of Harvey Danger on "See These Bones"
- Ed Harcourt, piano parts on "Weightless" and "Beautiful Beat"
- Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie on "See These Bones"
- Phil Wandscher of Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter
- Martin Wenk of Calexico, horns on "Ice On The Wing"
- Coralie Clément, high vocals on "The Fox"
- Louie Lino, keyboards
- Joe McGinty
- Lianne Smith, vocals on "The Film Did Not Go Round"
- Jason Marquis, acoustic guitar on "The Film Did Not Go Round"