Lucky Leif and the Longships
|Lucky Leif and the Longships|
|Studio album by Robert Calvert|
|Robert Calvert chronology|
It is a concept album dealing with how American culture might have been different had the Vikings managed to colonise the continent. The album is a tour through various styles of American music ("The Lay Of The Surfers" is a Beach Boys parody), filled with references to modern American culture and ancient Norse myths and legends.
The album has been re-released in the late 1990s by BGO Records and is currently available on Eclectic Records (ECLCD1057) with bonus tracks.
All songs by Robert Calvert.
- "Ship of Fools"
- "The Lay of the Surfers"
- "Voyaging to Vinland"
- "The Making of Midgard"
- "Brave New World"
- "Magical Potion"
- "Moonshine in the Mountains"
- "Storm Chant of the Skraelings"
- "Volstead O Vodeo Do"
- "Phase Locked Loop"
- "Ragna Rock"
- "Cricket Lovely Reggae (Cricket Star)"
- Robert Calvert - vocals, trumpet, harmonica
- Andy Roberts - organ, guitars & backing vocals
- Paul Rudolph - guitars, bass guitar & backing vocals
- Michael Moorcock - banjo
- Simon House - violin
- Nik Turner - saxophone
- Sal Maida - bass guitar
- Brian Turrington - bass guitar & piano
- Mike Nicholls - drums
Audio CD Remasterer: Paschal Byrne
|This 1970s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|