Lucy Griffiths (actress, born 1986)
|Born||Lucy Ursula Griffiths
10 October 1986 
Brighton, England, UK
Lucy Griffiths (born 10 October 1986) is an English actress best known for her roles as Lady Marian in the BBC drama series Robin Hood (2006–09) and as Nora Gainesborough, Eric Northman's "sister", in the HBO series True Blood (2012–13).
Life and career
In February 2006 it was announced she would be playing a "feisty", beautiful Marian in the BBC family drama series Robin Hood, alongside Jonas Armstrong. Griffiths has said that her character "has been written as an intelligent, witty, biting character, and that's how I expected her to be."
Griffiths returned as Marian in the second series of Robin Hood in 2007, but her character was killed off in the final episode. Though this decision proved unpopular with fans of the series, it is said on a BBC Nottingham page that she left the show to pursue 'other opportunities'. It has been rumored that she wanted to leave the show to further her career in Hollywood. However, other sources say she was written out to allow the show to be taken in a new direction. She returned in the series finale a year later as a spectral vision of Marian.
In 2009 she made her West End debut in a revival of Arcadia and appeared in the ITV1 drama Collision. On 5 September 2010, she appeared in the ITV drama U Be Dead, playing Bethan Ancell and on 1 November 2010 she starred in ITV drama The Little House.
In January 2011 Griffiths signed a talent holding deal with US television network CBS. It had been announced that she would play Jenna Lestrade, the lead in the CW zombie pilot Awakening, however the show did not go ahead.
In November 2011 it was revealed that Griffiths would play Nora, the sister of vampire Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgård), in the fifth season of HBO's True Blood. Nora is not a character in the Southern Vampire Mysteries (the books the TV series is based on) but she has been described as "intelligent, intimidating, cool under pressure and a very good liar" according to TV Line. During November 2011 Griffiths also appeared on stage at the Finborough Theatre, London, in the play Atman by Iain Finlay Macleod.
She has a diploma in mime from a world famous school in Paris and claims that Marcel Marceau was her greatest influence into the artistry of emotions and actions without words. She also admires performances of Judi Dench, Kate Winslet, and Jennifer Saunders.
Griffiths was originally cast in Constantine as the female lead Liv Aberdine, the daughter of a late friend, who comes to discover that she has the ability of seeing the supernatural world among us. She teams up with Constantine to fight the demons who have targeted her and learn more about her late father. Griffiths was dropped after Goyer and Cerone decided to take the series in a different creative direction. Instead the original comic character Zed will be written in. Angélica Celaya was later announced to fill the role. Some of Griffiths' final scenes from the pilot were reshot, explaining why she doesn't join Constantine in his adventures as it was originally intended.
|2006||Sea of Souls||Rebecca||Episode: "Succubus"|
|2006||Sugar Rush||Lettie||Episode #2.2|
|2006–09||Robin Hood||Marian||26 episodes|
|2009||U Be Dead||Bethan Ancell||TV movie|
|2009||Collision||Jane Tarrant||5 episodes|
|2010||Lewis||Madeline Escher||Episode: "Falling Darkness"|
|2010||The Little House||Ruth||2 episodes|
|2011||Awakening||Jenna Lestrade||TV movie|
|2012–13||True Blood||Nora Gainesborough||Regular role (seasons 5 & 6)|
|2013||The Numbers Station||Meredith|
|2014||Winter's Tale||Young Woman [Peter's mother]|
|2014||Don't Look Back||Nora Clark|
|2014||Constantine||Liv Aberdeen||Episode: "Non Est Asylum" (pilot)|
|2015||Uncanny||Joy Andrews||In post-production|
- Lucy Griffiths at the Internet Movie Database
- "Robin Hood given modern makeover". BBC News. 8 September 2006. Retrieved 2006-11-16.
- "They've killed Maid Marian". BBC Nottingham. 31 December 2007. Retrieved 2008-01-10.
- [dead link]
- "BBC One – Robin Hood, Series 3, Something Worth Fighting For – Part 2". Bbc.co.uk. 2013-09-28. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "U Be Dead" Press Release[dead link]
- Andreeva, Nellie. "CBS Signs Talent Holding Deal With Young British Actress –". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- "openbookcastinglive.com" (PDF). openbookcastinglive.com. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- Andreeva, Nellie. "‘The River’ & ‘Awakening’ Find Their Leads, Two Board ‘Tagged’ & ‘Wonder Woman’ –". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-01-27.
- Michael Ausiello (2011-11-02). "True Blood Casts Lucy Griffiths as Nora in Season 5". TVLine. Retrieved 2014-01-06.
- "Lucy Griffiths & Harold Perrineau Join NBC Pilot ‘Constantine’". Deadline. 5 March 2014. Retrieved 10 July 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (10 July 2014). "'Constantine's' Lucy Griffiths Exits NBC Drama". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- Sepinwall, Alan (13 July 2014). "Press Tour: 'Constantine' Hires Angelica Celaya to Replace Lucy Griffiths". HitFix. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Lucy Griffiths at the Internet Movie Database
- Character and Bio at BBC "Robin Hood"
- Bio at her agent's web site